Worlds Longest Multi "stages"

Silly Kitty, I don't think the OP was asking about these caches; he wanted to know what multicache has the greatest number of stages :rolleyes: . At least I think that's what he wanted to know. :lol:

I have never heard of anything bigger than the Monster in TX.

I can't tell what the local answer is, but its less than 40 and still a lot of stages.

Question for multi. (Don't want to post a forum question over this silly question).

Can you have a multi-cache that you have an option for when someone finds it, they place another stage to the cache and leave the coordinates in the cache before it. Like a multi-cache that keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Question for multi. (Don't want to post a forum question over this silly question).

Can you have a multi-cache that you have an option for when someone finds it, they place another stage to the cache and leave the coordinates in the cache before it. Like a multi-cache that keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Each new cache would have to be reviewed and approved, and the difficulty/terrain/ description would likely have to change with each addition. Who would be responsible for maintaining each stage? The owner? Seems unfair (and impossible) for him to have to maintain all those caches (5, 10, 20, 50...no telling how many) he has never even seen. The hiders? Yeah, right. The cache idea, while novel, seems like it would be a GIGANTIC headache for all involved.

Question for multi.  (Don't want to post a forum question over this silly question).

Can you have a multi-cache that you have an option for when someone finds it, they place another stage to the cache and leave the coordinates in the cache before it.  Like a multi-cache that keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Each new cache would have to be reviewed and approved, and the difficulty/terrain/ description would likely have to change with each addition. Who would be responsible for maintaining each stage? The owner? Seems unfair (and impossible) for him to have to maintain all those caches (5, 10, 20, 50...no telling how many) he has never even seen. The hiders? Yeah, right. The cache idea, while novel, seems like it would be a GIGANTIC headache for all involved.

Not to mention the possibility of devolving into a never ending string of film canisters placed every 0.1 miles

Regarding the multi that continues to grow by Team AlphaOmega.

Poppa tried placing one (and called it a build-a-cache) and the admin's denied it. The issue was that they wanted to make sure the stages were placed safely (ie: no train tracks, military bases, etc) and far enough from other caches.

I thought it was a great idea, but their arguments made sense.

(but that never stopped anybody from putting the coordinates for an unlisted bonus cache or two in an existing cache...)

-PD

Regarding the multi that continues to grow by Team AlphaOmega.

Poppa tried placing one (and called it a build-a-cache) and the admin's denied it.  The issue was that they wanted to make sure the stages were placed safely (ie: no train tracks, military bases, etc) and far enough from other caches.

I thought it was a great idea, but their arguments made sense.

(but that never stopped anybody from putting the coordinates for an unlisted bonus cache or two in an existing cache...)

-PD

I think that could be handled easily by only allowing additions to the start point. Every time you want to add a new start, you have to leave a note in the current start with the coordinates and then present it to the owner and reviewers. That way no one will usurp the new starting point by adding their own and the new starting point won't become official until it is approved and put on the web page.

I like this idea. I have an idea of a long multi for the churches of Frederick County. But rather than to try to get it all in place at one time, a few could be done as a start and others added over time. If they are added as I describe above, it should all be seamless.