Map Detail

I either remember wrong or I somehow changed my settings on my meridian color. I remember being able to scroll along the map with the curser and highlight a cache and on the map info box it would tell be the cache name as well as the info that was in the information box. Am I wrong? Anyone know how to go back to this setting?

Edited by Warbones

I have looked over my manual. Not sure what the " Fine " manual was referring to. But at any rate. :unsure: I didn't find mention of what I am talking about. In my meridian when you create a waypoint, you pick your icon. Name your waypoint ( I have mine named as GC_ _ _ _ ect) and type a brief message in the message area( Cache name for example). How do I see the message along with the cache name while hovering the cursor over the waypoint? This way I can look at the caches and no what's what versus having to open them up to see. I seem to remember being able to do this before but now can't .

Thanks in advance.

Warbones

Edited by Warbones
I have looked over my manual. Not sure what the " Fine " manual was referring to. But at any rate. :unsure: I didn't find mention of what I am talking about. In my meridian when you create a waypoint, you pick your icon. Name your waypoint ( I have mine named as GC_ _ _ _ ect) and type a brief message in the message area( Cache name for example). How do I see the message along with the cache name while hovering the cursor over the waypoint? This way I can look at the caches and no what's what versus having to open them up to see. I seem to remember being able to do this before but now can't .

I am not 100% sure of this, but I don't think the Meridians do what you want it to...i.e., I think the only way to see the comment is to view the waypoint. It appears that the only info displayed with the waypoint name when cursor "hovering" is the bearing and distance. I don't see any way to change that in the menu where I would expect to find it if it were possible (menu/select map info). Maybe someone else will correct me, but at the moment I have to go with the theory that your memory is as bad as mine. :D

One thing to be aware of (which I don't think is the issue here) is that although the Meridian will allow 500 waypoints per file, only 200 of those waypoints can hold comments.