Collaboration I - Gp/kzn

GlobalRat

Hey Azaruk,

We are in. Tell you what... If we get the co-ords to you first then you are all ours... MuHAHAHA. If not you can join with the team that beat us to the punch. May just go for a night crawl up the hill tonight :o

Will try and get you the co-ords asap and will hope for the same in return.. Really want the FTF (since Brick stole Noddy and is probably gunning for it as I type). :blink:

Let us know all is good else I may just have to get the co-ords and randsom them to the highest bidder.

Interesting that although this forum was supposed to be the vehicle by which collaborations were set up, QFC and Azaruk are the only ones listed.

Both caches have been found and logged by others whose collaborations were NOT established through this forum.

Should these logs be permitted as the 'rules' seem to have been broken?

Azaurk, Noddy contacted me long before this was started, congratulating me on my 100th cache. Thereafter we kept in contact. So when this came up, Noddy contcated me directly. This forum, I think, was for peeps who did not have a contact yet....

Part 2 and 3 of QFC were also interested to see who the two people that found it were.... Hmmmmm. That or it may have been the dark, the cold, the wind, it being night or possibly that we were climbing around a mountain (in the south of JHB) way after the sun had gone down! :unsure:

bc062c5a-65b4-471b-84cc-29a95ab249e2.jpg

Edited by QFC

There are quite a few KZN cachers that are hiding in the woods and jungles. You just need to tease them out :lol:

Similarly there are a few in GP that are hiding around as well. :lol:

There is a list of SA cachers on website, but you may also need to trawl caches and start knocking on some "doors"

Oh yes, and as Brick's log states, he likes the "I".... yes there is a II under construction as I type this....

ENJOY

Now that FTF is taken, and assuming that no other KZN cachers offer to collaborate, and as long as it's acceptable by the cache owner, we will help out other GP cachers with the waypoint coords.

We will only log a collaborate note when you find the GP cache.

Regards

I think that would be unfair to give the coords out to other cachers Azaruk. Rules are rules, and the idea is for other KZN cachers to come out of the woodwork. I am sure that if you and Noddy end up being the only ones in KZN willing to take part then I'm sure the rules might change, but for now.....give it time. Please.

Edited by Brick
Now that FTF is taken, and assuming that no other KZN cachers offer to collaborate, and as long as it's acceptable by the cache owner, we will help out other GP cachers with the waypoint coords.

Nope. There are more than two cachers in KZN! At last count there were 18 odd active cachers, not to mention quite a few more tourist cachers who I'm sure will take up the collaboration if they are keen cachers.

I have subsequently discovered similar concepts around the caching world. Some folks have persevered for over 6 months to get connected with another cacher.

Patience & Perseverance provide the reward.

Edited by GlobalRat

I think that would be unfair to give the coords out to other cachers Azaruk. Rules are rules, and the idea is for other KZN cachers to come out of the woodwork. I am sure that if you and Noddy end up being the only ones in KZN willing to take part then I'm sure the rules might change, but for now.....give it time. Please.

I don't think it was really necessary to quote 'rules' back at me over this. My offer was openly placed in the forum for comment without contacting any other players privately.

Interesting that 'rules' should be mentioned again to the only cachers (QFC and Azaruk) who publicly announced their collaboration in the forum, as suggested in the cache rules.

I also mentioned that the offer was made only if the cache owner (not other players) agreed that it was acceptable.

Looking at the cache page, it doesn't state that a cacher can only collaborate with one other cacher in the other province, so ....... in accordance with the 'rules' as published on the site, I am quite within said 'rules' to collaborate with any number of cachers in GP.

I am based in KZN and can help with this one.

After reading through the entries in this topic, though, please do NOT email me.

First reply in this forum gets me as a collaborator.

The collaboration should be publicly established.

Emails will not be replied to.

Error on my part. The wonders of editing html. :o

Anyway, just to clarify the issue before things get out of hand.

The collaboration is meant to be unique, i.e. you may only collaborate once with a cacher for a specific cache. This was on the original, and due to editing fell off the page, BUT has been re-included on the cache page.

There is one exception to this rule:-

Bob is in GP, and Jane is in KZN. They collaborate and find both caches. A few months later, Bob decides to visit Durban and do the KZN cache physically. He may at this stage offer to collaborate with a cacher in GP as he is physically doing the KZN cache, i.e. you may collaborate once per physical cache you do.

There is no rule stating that the forum has to be used. Some cachers have contact, but most do not. The forum is merely a tool to assist those that do not have contact with other cachers (also to get more folks on the forums ;) ). Once cachers have contact, they control how they communicate further… forums…emails…phones....telepathy… Doing it on the forums of course makes life interesting for the rest of us B)

Now, let’s get back to caching.

Just another question about this cache; we are going to be in KZN over this coming weekend and I was thinking that since we are there, we could proxy as KZN cachers and allow one GP cacher to give us a call so we can give then the co-ordiantes of the GP cache.

We would be finding the KZN cache, so should it be needed we will also find the waypoint containing the GP coordinates before giving them to the GP cacher.

I've already reported a DNF for the JHB cache. Although I do have the coords, I don't have a GPS at the moment. Would it be against the rules to Collaborate with a JHB cacher to find the JHB cache with me?

As you have done the KZN leg, you're welcome to collaborate with a GP cacher.... one that has a GPS :)

:rolleyes:

Is there any one in Gauteng / Pretoria who would like to collaborate with B. Whelan

Whostops will be re-instating the KZN half of this cache on Sunday morning and Brett will be tagging along (will try to do it honestly).

Please send B. Whelan a mail, asap.

Thanks

Brett

:rolleyes:

Edited by Noddy

It looks like the Sandpit cachers are this time around doing all the calling for Collaboration partners. Sorry R&H we have already arranged with DiePienaars to Collaborate next weekend. Maybe we can double up next weekend having two teams on both sides for company?

So anybody wants to colaborate with me. I have already found the final and have the JHB final coords with me. According to the rules I had to delete my log. Should you want to complete it just send me a PM and we could work together. Just let me know when you find it so I could log again.

happy caching