Geocoin Buying

Cache Buzzards

I would love to get a collection of coins started. The problem is - I have none to trade. So - here is my proposal: You sell them, I buy them. Pretty simple. Then, once I build up a few, I'll be able to trade.

Also, I've seen others who want to buy, rather than trade. I think it's a good way to get us newbies started.

Post Note - how do I edit my grammatic error in the topic title?????

Edited by Cache Buzzards
I would love to get a collection of coins started. The problem is - I have none to trade. So - here is my proposal:  You sell them, I buy them. Pretty simple. Then, once I build up a few, I'll be able to trade.

Also, I've seen others who want to buy, rather than trade. I think it's a good way to get us newbies started.

I'm in the same situation myself.

(Here comes the long story - if you're in a hurry, skip to the last line - you won't miss anything!)

After seeing my first personal geocoin (it was Avroair's and he brought one to an event), I thought it would be great to collect them. But I also found that -trading- was the norm, not purchasing, except for new coin runs being produced, and I didn't have any trading fodder to participate.

So I decided to "work the system" and designed my own personal coin with the idea that I'd have a bunch to trade. But did you know that the "upfront" costs for making a coin can run from about $500 to $1000? I didn't, but I do now!

The next decision was to plan a run of 100 coins and offer them to interested goecachers - this would spread out all of the costs, and everyone could have just the number of coins they really wanted, myself included.

It turned out that the demand for nearly 300 coins would lower the per coin cost greatly, and that's where I am now. I can still offer you some of the extras I ordered for myself at the same price we're all paying, either email me through the forums here, or click here to visit my SilverMarc Geocoin and contact me (or others) there.

It seems that the initial run of coins are always available for purchase, and there have been a couple of new Coin Editions listed in addition to my coin at the above site, so perhaps you'll be able to pick up a few others by trading for cash as well [grin]!

--Marc

July 18, 2005 @ 3:16 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

I would love to get a collection of coins started. The problem is - I have none to trade. So - here is my proposal:  You sell them, I buy them. Pretty simple. Then, once I build up a few, I'll be able to trade.

These coins are still for sale:

Canada

Texas

Rhode Island

New Jersey

Maryland

United Kingdom

Ohio

Greenman and Joy of Geocaching

The above list probably isn't complete, but it'll help cachers start draining their bank accounts. Many other state geocoins are in the planning stages. Cachers just need to routinely peruse the Travel Bug and Regional Forums to catch the announcements. Need to do that regularly because limited editions sell out quickly or some order periods are less than two weeks!

Team FISUR maintains a "What's New" webpage that covers personal and state coins as well as signature items they become aware of.

Edit: Added a couple more coins that are still for sale.

Edited by Ladybug Kids