Love And Geocaching

I've actually introduced people to caching that I'm seeing . My current loves the sport and is currently working on solving a puzzle that she made me promise not to find without her . She wants to learn more and is herself telling people about it and how much fun it is .

Not sure if this qualifies, but my ex introduced me to caching so we could traipse around the woods together. After a year, he's gone and I'm still doing it. I tell everyone I know about it but, so far, no one is silly enough to go with me.. :rolleyes: Oh well. heehee

gsguru

I am married and we cache together. We actually found our first one in the Bahamas on our honeymoon (hence the name, Bahamadivers) and we love it. She doesn't go nearly as much as my daughter and I do, but she always helps find goodies to put in the caches and understands my sickness for always searching for a new cache.

I have, however, found another couple on the trail once. I don't think they were Geocachers, didn't see a GPS unit, but certainly did see their units! :rolleyes: I heard my 7 year old (Geoprincess) say, "Daddy, what are those people doing, and why don't they have any cloths on? Ha ha ha

:rolleyes: Has anyone ever met someone while out caching and gone on to date or more?

Yup! Me! :lol:

:lol: Has anyone ever met someone and left their significant other to be with their newfound cacher friend instead?

Yup! Not me, but I know of at least 2; and both have married their cacher friend.

;) Just wondering.

A quick forum search will turn up plenty of stuff to satisfy your wonder (or make you wonder even more, heh).

:unsure: Has anyone ever met someone while out caching and gone on to date or more?

Yep... that's how I got started with caching...

:rolleyes: Has anyone ever met someone and left their significant other to be with their newfound cacher friend instead?

Nope... I was the one that got left for someone else... but it was the BEST thing that could have ever happened to me… cause if it didn’t happen I wouldn’t have met the love of my life! :unsure:

I've actually introduced people to caching that I'm seeing . My current loves the sport and is currently working on solving a puzzle that she made me promise not to find without her . She wants to learn more and is herself telling people about it and how much fun it is .

Same here. My girlfriend started caching with me this spring and is largely responsible for me getting back into it as much as I have.

She's still learning to love the harder finds, but she's getting better. She's pretty good at spotting them too. :rolleyes:

I suspect I'll be buying her her own GPSr for christmas. :unsure:

Edited by wandererrob
:o Has anyone ever met someone and left their significant other to be with their newfound cacher friend instead?

What timing.............

My girlfriend left me for a cacher she says has a bigger and better unit. <_< He has a 60cs. :o Just kidding.

<_< Has anyone ever met someone and left their significant other to be with their newfound cacher friend instead?

What timing.............

My girlfriend left me for a cacher she says has a bigger and better unit. :o He has a 60cs. :o Just kidding.

yeah, but the 60cs probably requires more and bigger batteries also?.....sounds awfully high-maintenance.....sometimes less is more, as they say......

:D

seriously, though, I don't know why anyone would want to get involved with someone with a track record of "shopping around" while they're still in a current relationship.....heck, if they're willing to leave their significant other for you, then you know they're just as likely to leave you if and when "something better" comes along......no thanks..... I think I'd prefer the real value of integrity over "bigger and better" anytime.....