Killer Tb Ideas

beopots

I've been pondering over TB ideas, and I want to know which ones you like or have had an impact on you. Either good ideas or unique or strange. Post them here.

Here's my first TB, set to release soon.

Watch This TB

I know there are probably old posts, but I want fresh ideas. Thanks.

Edited by beopots

That's pretty cool. Is that a Photoshop job, or did you really embed a TB tag under the crystal? Where's the TB number?

I've recently launched a philophically similar bug -- a keychain TB that collects keychains from caches, inspired by a bug I picked up that picked up keychains from state capitols. It had grown into a big, heavy thing when I added Providence, but it's stalled somewhere now :rolleyes:

It's really a TB under the crystal. It's also got the TB# engraved on the face. We tried to keep the watch functional, but the dogtag was a little thick. It did work, but after we put it all back together it stopped working, not enough clearance. I also found some old jurassic park and cartoon watches to start it off.

Almost too cool. You want to be sure to have a note attached laminated or in a bag that clearly states it's a Travel Bug and not to be kept or it will probably get snatched up.

It does have a laminated tag that I will permanently attach. I think I also might fix the latch closed, so no one would be able to fit their hand thru to try to make it a watch.

But, enough. What are some other traveler ideas?

My wife and I just bought our first 4 tags. For the first one, I was going to mill out the center of a hockey puck and glue the travel bug into it. The goal would be to visit as many stadiums / ice rinks as possible. It would be neat to have pictures of it at each of the NHL rinks as an example.

We're pretty new - but one attraction to travel bugs (for us) is living vicariously through the bug. Some day, I'd love to visit all of the pro rinks in N.A., but since it's unlikely, maybe the bug can do it.

The watch idea is awesome by the way.

I had a 'great' idea for a TB, but had to get rid of the object...

My wife and I have a Yorkshire Terrier, and her tongue is constantly in motion. Until recently that is. If she wasn't trying to lick your face, she was licking the floor, sometimes even the couch cushions. It turned out that she'd eaten a lot of hair in the process of all that licking.

She had to have surgery to have a 1.7 pound hairball removed from her stomach (she only weighed 9.9 pounds prior to surgery.) The vet stuck it in a bag and sent it home with us; the hairball was bigger than the dog's head...

We (I) wanted to make the monstrosity into a TB, but after sitting on the counter a few days, we realized we had a problem - it stunk! It was in a ziploc, inside another ziploc, which was in a larger plastic bag. Despite all that plastic, you could still smell it. Something that's been forming in a dog's stomach for several years is going to stink, and stink bad. We figured that the smell would probably make any cache it was in smell horrible, and risk attracting animals to the container.

Perhaps we'll attach a picture of the hairball to a TB tag... :anibad:

I've been pondering over TB ideas, and I want to know which ones you like or have had an impact on you. Either good ideas or unique or strange. Post them here.

I've been very happy with the responses to my series of Alphabet Bugs. Each bug corresponds to a letter of the alphabet, and it's mission is to be photographed with things that start with it's letter. I'm releasing them in alphabetical order, and so far I have released A-P and have had some fun photos appear in the logs.

I had a great idea for anyone with a real white or yellow Jeep.Make a large(to scale)TB tag and log it to caches that you visit.There is at least one I have seen that is a cachemobile Pictures of it in scenic places would be really cool.Imagine the fun you could have at an event. When you tired of that you could attach a smaller version and send it on its way explaining that it "shrunk"in the wash.

I just recently bought some tags......

My first little guy is a coffee beanie - not the one pictured.... but similar, mine has army gear on.

Anyway, i thought it would be good for him to tour around having his pic took at coffee shops, or with people drinking coffee etc - his ultimate aim would be to visit Pike Place Starbucks in Seattle.

joe.gif

any thoughts on this first release??

garry

aka jedimonkey

the kids came up with these two:

- a fly key chain with a theme of my son's favorite book series

Cool and gross, just the way I like it.

- unless ye be a scurvy dog, make logs in pirate talk. arrrr.

Sweet! I hope it isn't too cool looking. It might end up in someone's treasure chest, but don't forget you can always re-release should it go missing.

I have an unusual triple travel bug.

The three TB's are called

The Big Steel Rail

Gonna Carry Me Home

To the One I Love

"The big steel rail gonna carry me home to the one I love" is the opening line of the song "The Steel Rail Blues" by Gordon Lightfoot and that is also the name of my Canadian Triple Megabug.

"The Big Steel Rail" is a piece of railroad track that is cut to fit in the ammo can which is called "Gonna Carry Me Home", the ammo can means you actually can carry "The Big Steel Rail", it is very easy to drop this rail, it is very heavy. "To The One I Love" is a logbook that travels with the other two pieces of this Canadian Megabug, it is in it's own metal box magnetically attached inside "Gonna Carry Me Home".

The three TB's together are known as the "The Steel Rail Blues" Megabug and this megabug wants to meet Gordon Lightfoot.

The three TB's together are known as the "The Steel Rail Blues" Megabug and this megabug wants to meet Gordon Lightfoot.

Gordon Lightfoot is one of my favorites, I saw him in concert a few years back. My girlfriend fell asleep. We broke up soon after.

It wasn't a bad thing, we both knew we had different interests and it would happen someday.

Oh, cool bugs, I get the references. :anitongue:

Edited by BlueDeuce

My wife and I had the pleasure of seeing Gordon Lightfoot recently and it was a great concert. I had already released "The Steel Rail Blues" so my TB couldn't come to see Gordon but we were thrilled with our chance to see this iconic Canadian performer.

My only complaint was that the show was much to short to allow Gordon to perform all his hit songs. Like everyone else in the audience I sang along (quietly) with every tune.

Gordon Lightfoot is a living legend and people who get the opportunity to see a Lightfoot concert know they have been blessed.

I hope my TB does get to meet Gordon Lightfoot, if I had my TB in hand I would have been tempted to get in touch with Gordon's publicist and maybe scam a backstage pass!!! Oh well, maybe that plan will occur to someone else.