Moving Out Og Knoxville, Tn

DavidMac

Originally, I planned to archive about half of my cache listings, since I'll be moving away from Tennessee at the end of July. The adoption process formerly involved emailing Groundspeak with the waypoint and the account to transfer to, but with 25-30 caches to be transfered, this seemed like alot. That's when I was told about this tool:

www.geocaching.com/adopt/

Since this simplifies the process (and saves me from having to flood Groundspeak's inbox with adoption requests), I figured people could adopt some of my caches rather than have them condemned. I'll be keeping about half of them, but am offering many of the micros and high maintenence caches around Knoxville/Maryville TN and one or two in Western NC.

These caches are up for adoption:

The Riparian Zone #1:The Great Skeeter Blood Drive

The Riparian Zone #3: The Three Bridges

The Riparian Zone #4: Low Clearance

The Riparian Zone #5: Look, but Don't Touch

Springbrook

the Hunt for Fresh Water

Going Out of Business

Overlooked Cemetery

"Cemetary" is misspelled in this cache's title

Cruel and Unusual

Another Greenway Bridge

Along the Alcoa Greenway

The Fortune Cookie Cache

The Storyteller's Cache

Carsick?

Under the Bridge

Ah, so thats where Santeetlah Aqueduct ends up!

Mount Gilead

Wet Feet

Something smells...

If you would like to adopt one or more of these caches, please leave a request here. And please don't request to adopt them all unless there is little interest from others :blink: . I'll be transferring the listings sometime at the end of July.

OK... I've looked the list over and if nobody else wants them, I can take the Knoxville ones off your hands...

Already have Optimistic (unless you want me to send it back to you until the end of the month?), Under the Bridge, Look But Don't Touch and Something Smells are VERY close to my home and I have logged finds on each of these so I know right where they are.

If someone else would like them feel free to make a request. If not, I'd like to be considered. B)

Edited by TeamZebra

David, we have family in Maryville and lead hiking/backpacking trips in the Nantahala NF pretty often. We love hike-tos, bridges, waterfalls and really sadistic in-plain-sight caches. :lol: We would be glad to adopt several of yours, in this order of preference: Ah...Santeetlah Aquaduct, Cruel & Unusual, Storyteller, Another Greenway Bridge, Fortune Cookie. (Maybe the Riparian Zone ones too, although it looks like some are already requested...) :lol:

Be safe and well -- hope to be there for the send-off party too!

Team Bear-Cat

P.S. Anything we can do to help 'rejuvenate' the GSMGC? (We are members...)

Here's the ones people have asked me about so far:

The Riparian Zone #5: Look, but Don't Touch -TeamZebra

Cruel and Unusual -Team Bear-Cat

Another Greenway Bridge -Team Bear-Cat

The Fortune Cookie Cache -Team Bear-Cat

The Storyteller's Cache -Team Bear-Cat

Carsick? -ditchdoc531

Under the Bridge -TeamZebra

Ah, so thats where Santeetlah Aqueduct ends up! -Team Bear-Cat

The Fortune Cookie Cache -Team Bear-Cat

The Storyteller's Cache -Team Bear-Cat

Carsick? -ditchdoc531

Under the Bridge -TeamZebra

Ah, so thats where Santeetlah Aqueduct ends up! -Team Bear-Cat

Something smells... -TeamZebra

Here are the remaining ones that are still up for grabs. Hey Team Bear-Cat, if you want the other 3 Rip Zone ones, I don't think anybody has asked me about them yet.

Springbrook

the Hunt for Fresh Water

Going Out of Business

Overlooked Cemetery

Along the Alcoa Greenway

Mount Gilead

Wet Feet

If nobody wants them, I can always just archive them and open up room for others to hide new caches in their place. Also, I haven't put up any of the Maryville College ones up for adoption and will be archiving them next week (because technically MC is private property and I only had all the caches there while I was a student there).

I was wondering what was going to happen with the MC ones. Did the college know about them? In other words, in the future would they be open to more caches on the property? Looks like I need to make a trip to MC very soon if I'm going to snag them before they disappear!

I still keep meaning to log finds on the rest of those buggers, but haven't made it yet. :)

I was wondering what was going to happen with the MC ones. Did the college know about them? In other words, in the future would they be open to more caches on the property? Looks like I need to make a trip to MC very soon if I'm going to snag them before they disappear!

I still keep meaning to log finds on the rest of those buggers, but haven't made it yet. :laughing:

It's an odd situation... I never exactly had explicit permission, but knew the security folks and they were fine with people participation in a "scavenger hunt" on campus property though I never had a conversation about geocaching directly. Several cachers have run into them in the past while searching and they didn't seem to mind or to ask exactly what people were up to. I suspect that they know about caching but don't consider it a problem and don't mind people searching. There are even some funny pictures somewhere on one of our past event pages (the Photo Scavenger Hunt). The school is generally very open to visitors and doesn't mind the public visiting the grounds; they are actually open and inviting to joggers, etc from nearby neighborhoods (plans are in the works, for example, to build a jogging/bike trail for public use). I even put my on-campus contact info on some of the original log sheets, but nobody ever contacted me or asked me anything about them.

the reason I'm pulling them is because I'm no longer affiliated with the school, and didn't want anybody who adopted a cache there to think that I had been given direct permission. Just in case there were ever questions about geocaching at MC (which IMO is actually very unlikely), I considered it to be less of an issue if it were actually a student who maintained the caches. I actually have a multi in the works that I may hide on campus if I end up spending alot of time back in TN, but if I do so I'll ask permission first.

In reality, I don't think they'd mind if anyone put caches there, but it's always good to ask permission (which I admit I probably should have done in the first place, but since anybody who would have had an issue with it at least knew who I was, - one of the advantages of a small school- I didn't consider it a problem at the time). If anyone else wants to start up their own MC series, it'll be their choice and their responsibility to do the right thing.

David, we would love to take about three off of your hands. My family and I are team BlameTheDog and have really enjoyed your hides. Can we adopt one we havn't even found yet? :(

Can we have:

Springbrook

Along the Alcoa Greenway and

Going out of Buisiness

Would gladly take a fourth if you wanted to recommend one for us.

Okay, I finally had some downtime and a chance to send out adoption requests for most of the caches. Anyone who asked for a cache should be getting an email soon with directions. For now, the remaining caches are:

the Hunt for Fresh Water

Overlooked Cemetery

Mount Gilead

Wet Feet

If anybody wants them, please speak up.

Okay, here's where we stand. I'll be back in Knoxville for a few days next week, so if nobody wants any other caches I'll archive and remove them when I'm in town. Thanks to everybody who offered to watch the remaining caches.

requests already sent out for:

----

Along the Alcoa Greenway (Traditional Cache)

Going Out of Business (Traditional Cache)

Springbrook (Traditional Cache)

Something smells... (Traditional Cache)

Ah, so thats where Santeetlah Aqueduct ends up! (Traditional Cache)

Under the Bridge (Traditional Cache)

Carsick? (Traditional Cache)

The Storyteller's Cache (Traditional Cache)

The Fortune Cookie Cache (Traditional Cache)

Another Greenway Bridge (Traditional Cache)

Cruel and Unusual (Traditional Cache)

The Riparian Zone #5: Look, but Don't Touch (Traditional Cache)

Optimistic (Traditional Cache)

nobody has claimed these yet:

----

the Hunt for Fresh Water

Overlooked Cemetery

Mount Gilead

Wet Feet

If anybody wants them, please let me know. Otherwise they're going this weekend...