Explorist 600, 2 Months Old

Hi folks,

I am selling a two month old Magellan Explorist 600. It is in excellent condition. I am selling it with all the accessories I purchased so it is a complete system. I shopped hard and got the best prices I could find and spent just over $700 for everything listed here. I did not keep the boxes but I will pack it carefully prior to shipping. It comes with all the items that came in the boxes plus the following accessories:

All accessories are the Magellan brand.

Direct Route N/A version 2.0F.

Sandisk Ultra II 1 GB SD memory card.

Protective shield on display from day 1.

Auto suction cup holder.

Bike mount.

12 volt car power adapter.

Canvas Carry case.

I will pay shipping in the US. The unit is in perfect condition, no scratches or problems.

If you are interested drop me an email at: ctballos@optonline.net

If you have any questions ask them here.

Tom

Edited by ctballos
Why are you selling it after only two months of ownership?

I bought it to use while riding my motorcycle and the only few spots I can mount it are too close for my old eyes to see it without wearing my reading glasses. Since I don't wear them when riding it doesn't really work for me.

TomB

A couple people have emailed me and asked for a price. I would like to get $525 for the package. That is a tremendous savings for someone thinking of purchasing a full featured GPS device, not to mention you would start with all the accessories, and almost for free.

TomB

Edited by ctballos

I bought it to use while riding my motorcycle and the only few spots I can mount it are too close for my old eyes to see it without wearing my reading glasses. Since I don't wear them when riding it doesn't really work for me.

TomB

Huh, I guess I thought you were selling it because, as you said here, "You would be better off going to Staples and buying some scotch tape, a marker and a map." Or maybe because you also said, "you better look elsewhere, or waste your money." It seems to me that when you post things about your Explorist 500 such as, "If you want a GPS device look elsewhere" then there's more to this than a problem seeing the screen.

TomB

Huh, I guess I thought you were selling it because, as you said here, "You would be better off going to Staples and buying some scotch tape, a marker and a map." Or maybe because you also said, "you better look elsewhere, or waste your money." It seems to me that when you post things about your Explorist 500 such as, "If you want a GPS device look elsewhere" then there's more to this than a problem seeing the screen.

Hi Geekgirl,

The world could surely use a few more people like you. You must be a lot of fun at home or parties pointing out peoples flaws. Tell me, do you take notes?

The GPS doesn't work for me but it is still a full featured device and what I am offering is well worth the money. There are many folks who use their toys different from me and will get a lot of fun out of this one.

You are truly inspiring.

TomB

Oh well might as well throw some more fuel on the fire.

Between tiger gps and compuplus everything would run about $500.00

and it would be brand new. :)

And if you wait another three months you might get it for $400. Although I doubt it very much you could get all these items for $500.

Tom

TomB

Hi Geekgirl,

The world could surely use a few more people like you. You must be a lot of fun at home or parties pointing out peoples flaws. Tell me, do you take notes?

The GPS doesn't work for me but it is still a full featured device and what I am offering is well worth the money. There are many folks who use their toys different from me and will get a lot of fun out of this one.

You are truly inspiring.

TomB

Hummmm,,

I would say that Geekgirl was pointing out discrepancies in stories. If a story changes drasticly the story teller's intigrity is brought into question.

Byron

Hi Geekgirl,

Wow, someone gets touchy when holes get poked in their story. Sounds to me like Geekgirl would be hole heck of a lot more fun at a party than you would. Just saying.

You know, if you all don't like the price, then move on... No sense trying to flame someone who is simply selling his stuff for the price he wants. If it does not sell or he gets no offers than mayne he'll adjust his price.

Maybe he hasn't taken the time to scour the net and find the very best deal possible to make a price. Personally, the way I see others get attacked for their asking price, I'd probably just sell on evilbay and be done with it.

IMHO, he is offering all the stuff one would need in one price and for one shipping rate, leave the person alone and go hassle ebay sellers over their Buy-It-Now prices... :)

Edited by PodunkPaul

NO FLAME just some useful information

Compuplus_____________________Tigergps

explorist 600 $322.95 ______________________$347.93

direct route $88.00 ______________________$109.99

1G SD card $64.95 ______________________$118.48

suction mount N.I.S________________________$30.65

bike mount $26.95________________________$23.15

12v adapter $14.00________________________$14.14

carry case $11.95__________________________N.I.S

totals $528.80________________________$644.34

I think we can all agree it pays to shop around. :)

Edited by vagabond

You guys and gals are all drinking the wrong beer. I drink Guiness and I am a lot of fun at parties. Just ask me I'll tell ya.

You all are like a bad audience, always looking for the flaws. Even if there is something worthwhile out there you must find something wrong.

Thank you all.

TomB

NO FLAME just some useful information

Compuplus_____________________Tigergps

explorist 600 $322.95 ______________________$347.93

direct route $88.00 ______________________$109.99

1G SD card $64.95 ______________________$118.48

suction mount N.I.S________________________$30.65

bike mount $26.95________________________$23.15

12v adapter $14.00________________________$14.14

carry case $11.95__________________________N.I.S

totals $528.80________________________$644.34

I think we can all agree it pays to shop around. :D

So I guess if I could of ordered everything from one source I wouldn't have had to pay shipping from different locations. I also suppose if I ordered brand X I could have also saved more money. Your a great source of info,,, Ever think of starting your own Web Site,,, you could call it "useless outdated information.com"

let's see: definition of vagabond

vag·a·bond [vággə bònd]

n (plural vag·a·bonds)

1. homeless wanderer: somebody who has no permanent place to live and wanders from place to place

2. beggar: somebody who survives by asking for food or money

adj

of vagabonds: relating to or characteristic of a vagabond

vi (past vag·a·bond·ed, past participle vag·a·bond·ed, present participle vag·a·bond·ing, 3rd person present singular vag·a·bonds)

be a vagabond: to wander from place to place

[15th century. Via French from Latin vagabundus , from vagari “to wander” (source of English vagrant).]

-vag·a·bond·age, n

-vag·a·bond·ism, n

:unsure::D:D

TomB

So I guess if I could of ordered everything from one source I wouldn't have had to pay shipping from different locations. I also suppose if I ordered brand X I could have also saved more money.

I'm confused here. Are you actually saying that even though it can be had much cheaper, people should be willing to pay more because you happened to do so when you bought it new? How does that make any sense?

I mean -- if someone could go out today and buy it all from one place as suggested for a certain price, then you have to acknowledge that that is a fair new price -- and then adjust yours accordingly. It just isn't logical to say "Well, I paid a lot more than that" and expect people to go "Oh, well, no problem, I'll pay more then since YOU had to pay more to get it originally."

- John...

At least people here are all educated. Not like one of my attacker (in other thread) who accused me of ripping other people when I simply referenced the original price that I paid for a GPS unit.

People here are just trying to say "hey, we like the package, but please lower your price". :lol:

Usually I would say this is so and so price that I paid, please give me an offer and this is what I paid originally. And you get attacked from left to right... :lol:

Oh well... I guess we humans are just as inhumane as the animal kingdom....

:lol:;):D:D:D

Edited by BlueBird5

Either that or, unlike much of the animal kingdom, we try to protect our surrounding people that might be a bit less knowledgable.

I don't think people saying that she is asking too much are trying to be mean. I think they are trying to see that it be sold at an appropriate price -- be it to them or to anyone else.

- John...

Usually I would say this is so and so price that I paid, please give me an offer and this is what I paid originally. And you get attacked from left to right...  :rolleyes:

That is a tactic used by scammers on potential buyers to lull them into a false feeling that they are getting a good deal. If you want to be an honest trustworthy seller you would state a CURRENT price at a reputable dealer and provide a link if online.

Edited by einstein37
Usually I would say this is so and so price that I paid, please give me an offer and this is what I paid originally. And you get attacked from left to right...  :rolleyes:

That is a tactic used by scammers on potential buyers to lull them into a false feeling that they are getting a good deal. If you want to be an honest trustworthy seller you would state a CURRENT price at a reputable dealer and provide a link if online.

You as a buyer will do yourself some research and others would give advise. Like you said, internet is available to everyone. Why don't you do the research. If you don't like the price he is offering, don't bother or simply just tell them this is how it should be.

Some people really does have difficulty understanding for a very simple matter...

Making "FALSE ACCUSATIONS" is againts the law. I suggest that you check this with your lawyer and you have to think twice even before you open your mouth. ACCUSING people for being a scammer is a matter that you have to take it seriously.

That's why the seller said "Give Him An Offer". Get it?? Is that hard to understand? Did anybody have withnessed that this seller here tries to lull people to cheat on a buyer? Is the seller here twisting anyone's arm? Is the seller here threatening and forcing anyone into buying his stuff? Where is your proof?? Now, try to take this is to court, it will definitely slap you back and you will be sued for LIBEL.

Well, some people are just around to mess other people's life but they are NOT a real potential buyer. They are here to just to criticize and that's how they really are...

-

Edited by BlueBird5

Um, where did anyone call this person a "scammer." All I see is someone saying that certain tactics are used by scammers to trick people -- which is a true statement, of course. I don't see where anyone said that this person was a scammer. All I see is people complaining about the asking price since it was based on a purchase price that is at least outdated and possibly not a great price in the first place.

Also -- you may want to check into the libel laws before telling other people to do so -- because you don't appear to have a great understanding of them yourself even. There is no libel case here.

- John...

You know, if you all don't like the price, then move on... No sense trying to flame someone who is simply selling his stuff for the price he wants. If it does not sell or he gets no offers than mayne he'll adjust his price.

Maybe he hasn't taken the time to scour the net and find the very best deal possible to make a price. Personally, the way I see others get attacked for their asking price, I'd probably just sell on evilbay and be done with it.

IMHO, he is offering all the stuff one would need in one price and for one shipping rate, leave the person alone and go hassle ebay sellers over their Buy-It-Now prices... :rolleyes:

I don't think he was flamed from the start. The sequence of events is what needs to looked at.

1. he put it for sale

2. he was asked why

3. good reasoning about not able to see screen while riding his bike

4. found that he actually had complained at least 3 times about the unit's quality leading to a question of his honesty behind the reasons for sale, which would lead me to be leary of everything else he says including the condition, etc.

5. he slammed GeekGirl for actually calling him on what i preceive was him being caught in a lie

6. you defend him

shouldn't we be thanking GeekGirl for calling him on this and trying to hold everyone here to the same level of honesty we would want from someone we were buying from.

Ask yourself this. Had he just answered the question honestly and said he didn't like the unit, would any of this have happened? Sounds like he was trying to mislead buyers to unload what he didn't like. Sad thing is someone would have jumped on it since the unit is well liked by alot, but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole now.

You guys and gals are all drinking the wrong beer. I drink Guiness and I am a lot of fun at parties. Just ask me I'll tell ya.

You all are like a bad audience, always looking for the flaws. Even if there is something worthwhile out there you must find something wrong.

Thank you all.

TomB

I half agree with you, but I would like to point out that these people are smart by looking around and trying to make sure they get the best deal possible. I mean, let's face it, where talking about a heck of a lot of money, I don't care how much value you get in return. Oh, and it might not go over to well with potential buyers if you are calling them a bad audience. By the way, I don't drink beer.

Edited by hiker49

Thank you all.

TomB

Looking for flaws. Well it doesn't appear to have taken a lot of looking.

Acutally I think the biggest mistake made was attacking somebody for pointing out two different stories for the same gps. If there would have been a fessing up to the earlier story instead of an attack for bringing it up, your integraty might have stayed intact. But......

If you're really interested in selling the unit, I suggest you appologize, close this topic, then wait awhile and try again. The longer this keeps up the worse you look and you expect somebody to trust you enough to send you $500? Rethink things a bit.

Byron

Um, where did anyone call this person a "scammer."  All I see is someone saying that certain tactics are used by scammers to trick people -- which is a true statement, of course.  I don't see where anyone said that this person was a scammer.  All I see is people complaining about the asking price since it was based on a purchase price that is at least outdated and possibly not a great price in the first place.

Also -- you may want to check into the libel laws before telling other people to do so -- because you don't appear to have a great understanding of them yourself even.  There is no libel case here.

- John...

Er.. John... what is your problem??

I'm not referring to anybody else in this forum. I respect everyone's opinion around here. Let me give you some background.. Look back to my post and see who am I addressing the issue at... Did your name came up on it?? Read and understand first please... That person has personal issues against me from other forum. I was trying to explain matters to ctballos. He came and Quoted me again and this has nothing to do with ctballos or anybody here in the first place. So what will you do if someone attacks you personally? Will you just sit down and be quiet?

Now did you say there's no LIBEL cases in the United States in the past? Well, do some research for yourself... ==> http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/press/press08.htm

Electronic forum is considered as media.... ;)

Edited by BlueBird5

No problem. You just seemed to be getting into some LEGAL argument with someone when it did not apply.

He came and Quoted me again and this has nothing to do with ctballos or anybody here in the first place.  So what will you do if someone attacks you personally?  Will you just sit down and be quiet?

Again, I'm missing where he "attacked" you personally. Which post was it? All I see what I said before: someone saying what scammers tend to do. I don't see anyone attacking you personally or calling you a "scammer" -- but I do see you accusing them of such.

Now did you say there's no LIBEL cases in the United States in the past?

Actually, no, I didn't say that at all. You appear to have a problem putting words into people's mouths that they clearly didn't say.

What I said was that there is no libel case HERE -- meaning in this thread. No one said anything that would qualify as libelous here. I simply said that there was no legal case here as you seemed to be indicating.

So, please stop putting words into people's mouths and then telling us to do some research (which you've told me to do TWICE now). I'm not the one that needs it.

- John...

Edited by Team Chevelle

No problem. You just seemed to be getting into some LEGAL argument with someone when it did not apply.

He came and Quoted me again and this has nothing to do with ctballos or anybody here in the first place.  So what will you do if someone attacks you personally?  Will you just sit down and be quiet?

Again, I'm missing where he "attacked" you personally. Which post was it? All I see what I said before: someone saying what scammers tend to do. I don't see anyone attacking you personally or calling you a "scammer" -- but I do see you accusing them of such.

Now did you say there's no LIBEL cases in the United States in the past?

Actually, no, I didn't say that at all. You appear to have a problem putting words into people's mouths that they clearly didn't say.

What I said was that there is no libel case HERE -- meaning in this thread. No one said anything that would qualify as libelous here. I simply said that there was no legal case here as you seemed to be indicating.

So, please stop putting words into people's mouths and then telling us to do some research (which you've told me to do TWICE now). I'm not the one that needs it.

- John...

John.... Do you really have to flame me?? Did I said anything bad about you? That's why I asked if you have a problem in the first place.

Yes, you are right, not here and not this one. That's why I said it's on other thread. If you missed tha action bewteen me and the other person.. you are free to search around. but I don't wish to refer to that link directly. See the thread above this and get the feel.. look at the name of the writer. I was selling my GPS in another forum and he post and said that I'm a SCAMMER... now, how would you feel about that?? Don't tell me that you won't respond? I came to this thread to explain to "ctballos" of things around here and then he came back again specifically quoting just me..

To set the record straight... I'm NOT putting words into anyone's mouth.. mind you for that. So DON'T ever tell me that I have the problem.

SO STOP quoting me here and there... alright.

-

Also -- you may want to check into the libel laws before telling other people to do so -- because you don't appear to have a great understanding of them yourself even.

-

YOU are the one who said that I have no understanding about the Libel laws in the first place.. Thats the problem, you are not being specific on things and then you telling me that I have no understanding about things.

And also, you've said that I told you to do research TWICE?? Where? Hello,

I only mentioned it once when I responded to your Quotes.

Like I said... it's not about you and anyone else here except one person. understand? lets drop it... will you...

Edited by BlueBird5