Is This The Most Unfindable Cache

And which cache might that be :P

... and you are still denying ownership or insider knowledge about it :lol:

Gorse bushes, I never want to see another one of those again. As for MN, I think the sheep up in the Welsh countryside are telling us as much as MN.

are you suggesting that Bob is being sheepish :P

The cache has been live for 2 days and no one has found it? It must be the Most Unfindable Cache! :P

Only 11 teams have the equipment required for this cache at the moment. 5 of these 11 teams have put in over 50 hours of searching, this makes it more than a 4 star difficulty and yes, it does make it possibily one of the hardest caches in the UK. Bear in mind you have to have passed through 3 caches, 2 of which weren't simple to get this far.

Hats off to MN though, he has brought the geocaching community in Cheshire together and has created a talking point that has lasted months. We are now on 1st name terms with a number of local cachers that prior to this were just geocaching handles and no faces.

Not knowing much about this - once again I am not MN

do the points describe a triangle and is the cache in the cenre? found the answer in the works of Pythagoras

That would make it

"you may journey to another country, to a desolate place. Stand there and look out across the land and sea,"

Yes, the points form a isoceles triangle. It is not possible for the centre to be the cache site, the start co-ords are miles away and the instructions to find the actual co-ords are take the same number away from the N and W co-ords. This describes a straight line, outside of the triangle.

Not knowing much about this - once again I am not MN

do the points describe a triangle and is the cache in the cenre? found the answer in the works of Pythagoras

That would make it

"you may journey to another country, to a desolate place. Stand there and look out across the land and sea,"

A theory already considered most triangles have two geometric centres and a c.o.g. (im not certain if this always coincides with one of the two centres), three caches must form a triangle, however there are specific instructions inside one of the caches that places the final cache on a vector that doesnt even intersect the triangle described by the first three caches.

Well I'd definitely say it's one of the most unfindable I've ever found (except that I haven't...!)

At least with most puzzle/mystery/unknown caches you at least have a set of co-ordinates that you're pretty happy are correct before you set off. With this one that approach seems almost impossible and you're left with an area that is a long straight line to search and an almost limitless number of possibilities. It's only the rule that the given co-ords have to be within roughly 1-2 miles of the final cache location (at least that's what I've been told before now, can anyone confirm this?), that has kept us all in the area. If it is true then maybe MN has gained special permission to 'bend' the rules a bit for the sake of the storyline :P

Actually, I think some of our number have starting going further afield now, but that's just adding even more possibilities...

Help!

Brain Hurts, Legs hurt from Gorse scratches, I no longer see any hope of any light - I'm off to buy a torch I think!!!!

No - seriously... this REALLY is the hardest cache ever... the fact that it's been active 2 days and nobody has found it really isn't a reflection on us though!!

Those that mock us (see above) should try this series... they will end up as blind as us!

:P

Brain Hurts, Legs hurt from Gorse scratches, I no longer see any hope of any light - I'm off to buy a torch I think!!!!

No - seriously... this REALLY is the hardest cache ever... the fact that it's been active 2 days and nobody has found it really isn't a reflection on us though!!

Those that mock us (see above) should try this series... they will end up as blind as us!

:P

Or even more blind when they find it but realise they don't have a key!!!

I'm off to pluck thistle spines out of my shins........ :P

I've just found an unfindable cache. Is it legal to hire assassins if the cache placer was really sneaky? I suspect that Rutson will soon place a similar cache. So if you live in his area, start checking your telephone directory under A for assassins.

It's possibly more annoying to find this cache than not to find it. It is GCPQ4H, "The Cat's Whiskers" by Travers.

I see the search is over, well done you lot!

Thanks for the congrats B)

We are really happy to have found this one B)B)B) .

We are now all enlightened. There are still half of the people left to find it though, good luck to them is all we can say.

Back to nice easy geocaching now, no more Pythagoras's theorums & lifes work, Sumartan language lessons, sacred numbers and holy numbers.

If anyone would like any on tap useless knowledge on any of the above I think you know the people to contact B).

And nameless potatoes (As in Potato....nomine....geddit??!!!) with old man hands!!!!

And let us not forget Dave and his impossible task!!!

I think the real star of the show really was Dave, I know it has been said that he is a prickly character, but he certainly knows how to keep a secret

I go away for a long weekend and come home to find that the light is supposed to be shining.

Then I read the logs and this topic and can see that when I can get back to geocaching in earnest I have quite a task on. So come Thursday or Friday I can see I will be seeking help wherever I can get it - unless I strike lucky or have inspiration.

Here's hoping!!! :anicute:

I'm intrigued by the fact that MN sent out an email. Did you all receive one? Is this just selective? I didn't get anything.

Those that struggled to find, and logged a DNF got an email, which to be honest, was not a great deal of help!!!

It just said that we didn't have to do a great deal of research, most of what we needed was in the text, but not just the text of Fiat Lux

I'm intrigued by the fact that MN sent out an email. Did you all receive one? Is this just selective? I didn't get anything.

Those that struggled to find, and logged a DNF got an email, which to be honest, was not a great deal of help!!!

It just said that we didn't have to do a great deal of research, most of what we needed was in the text, but not just the text of Fiat Lux

You don't need the email now. MN has added a hint to the cache page, something that we didn't have the benefit of. The hint is as good, if not better than the email.