Murder Mystery Themed Cache

STEREES

I'm plannig on placing a simple, not too complicated murder mystery themed cache. Anyone know of any good examples I can get inspiration from?

Not yet. What I mean is that I too am planning a similarly-themed cache. Maybe when I get it functioning it'll be a good template. :blink:

I don't know what you havbe planned already, but here is my two cents.

The cache page would lay out the evidence, the situation and give clues, or leads. Which they would follow, one lead or another. For instance, the clue could lead to a statue of a person, and on the sign near are numbers, which can be made into coordinates, which is where the cache is, which is the same as finding "murderer"

Take from it what you will.

An excellent example would probably be "Smith's Identity", in Connecticut (GCP373). I haven't done it, but everyone seems to love it. Granted, it's not exactly a "simple" murder mystery but it's really well done (at least, from what I hear; I've only done part one myself).

here is one I just set up. I had permission from a lot of folks in our local club to use their names and their caches. The goal was to narrow down the list of suspect, weapons, and location to get the right answer. Accusations were left on the log sheet when it was signed. When one cache came up missing (muggled) then the murder became a conspiracy!

WhoDunIt?

P.S. If this link doesn't work, search under this zip code 45314 in Cedarville, OH.

-Chad

I'm plannig on placing a simple, not too complicated murder mystery themed cache. Anyone know of any good examples I can get inspiration from?

I was reading a local history book, and stumbled upon an unsolved murder mystery in the area from nearly the 1700's. I was really intrigued and have a plan for a cache hide to play out the story.

Maybe your area has a similar story.