528 Rule And Subscriber Only Caches

I was thinking about putting a cache in a local park and I realized that there is a subscriber only cache that might be too close to meet the 528 foot rule. I guess the only way to tell is to take a reading in the park and to ask GC.com? But then I will have to iterate to try to find a place in the park where I am beyond the 528 foot circle. I'm not sure how well this will be received since two iterations like this can give away the location of the subscribers only cache.

What is the procedure for placing a cache that may be near a subscribers only cache (two actually in this case)?

I was thinking about putting a cache in a local park and I realized that there is a subscriber only cache that might be too close to meet the 528 foot rule. I guess the only way to tell is to take a reading in the park and to ask GC.com? But then I will have to iterate to try to find a place in the park where I am beyond the 528 foot circle. I'm not sure how well this will be received since two iterations like this can give away the location of the subscribers only cache.

What is the procedure for placing a cache that may be near a subscribers only cache (two actually in this case)?

How did you find out about the subscriber only cache that was close?

Take a GPS reading where you wish to place your cache. Do a search for nearest caches with those coordinates. It will show then if any others, including MOCs are too close.

By the way, shhhhh.... Don't tell anybody, but this is how non-members, even cache pirates can pinpoint MOCs easily. It probably would be more effective if MOCs didn't show up on the lists.

Edited by pater47

Make sure its .1 mile away from them.

There is no procedure for that situation. :blink:

The expanded search page. If you know the coords where you are going to place the cache, search by coordinates and it will show you the nearby caches.