Sight N Go

From page 17 (summarized a bit)

To use Sight n Go to Navigate

1. Use page button to access the Compass page then press menu.

2. select Sight n Go and press enter.

3. Hold at eye level and line up. Press enter to Lock direction

4. Select "Set course" and press enter to display compass page.

5. Begin traveling to your destination.

Does it work like above? Where does it stop?

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Since the navigation functions on the compass page are not available, let's take a few steps and try and determine why the "sight n go" is not available.

How do the menus for the other pages look? Do they match what is in the manual on page 6?

What kind of accuracy is the unit displaying?

Does the map agree with your current location? Does the GPS know where it is?

"Find" a waypoint and then "goto" it. While in route to this waypoint, how does the compass work? What does the map page look like?

Has the compass been calibrated?

Hope this helps. I like the compass feature on my 60cs.

Jeff

Since the navigation functions on the compass page are not available, let's take a few steps and try and determine why the "sight n go" is not available.

How do the menus for the other pages look? Do they match what is in the manual on page 6?

Yes ther all match

What kind of accuracy is the unit displaying?

It normally is within 20 feet or less

Does the map agree with your current location? Does the GPS know where it is?

It always agrees and knows where it is at

"Find" a waypoint and then "goto" it. While in route to this waypoint, how does the compass work? What does the map page look like?

The compass seems to wander around a bit but the page looks ok

Has the compass been calibrated?

Yes

Hope this helps. I like the compass feature on my 60cs.

Jeff

Try this: turn unit on and wait 'till it gets a fix, then calibrate the compass anew and check again.

I had that happen when I first went to use it--turns out it's not on the menu at all unless the electronic compass is calibrated and greyed out if off or you don't have a lock.

It worked phenomenally on a night cache across a wide body of water once I did the above!

hth,

Randy

PS: Remember you need to calibrate the compass after replacing batteries AND entering area of different magnetic fields...

I know nothing about the 60CS, however I was just playing with my Vista C.

If I select a waypoint and click on goto, I get a popup that asks me to select either "Follow Road" or "Off Road". If I select Follow Road, I get the large menu with Sight n Go available. If I select Off Road then I get a menu like you posted with just 4 selections. Looks like Sight n Go is not available in Geocaching mode.

You might try it on your unit and see if it has the same behavior.

Wow, glad that was sorted out--I have follow road/offroad prompted and wasn't navigating during my test prior to my post. I'll remember this... (When I first tried to use it I was really baffled as I couldn't even remember the name of the function and couldn't find it in any menus like you--but your predicament was more extreme!)

Phew,

Randy