Kewl I Have Music Playing On My Cache Page

Yes it is the Angel Oppning song

Its just a little clip that i used for somthing else

And it does not work with FireFox

Iv tryed all 3 browsers explorer, FireFox, netscape.

Buy i dont have all the plug in's for FireFox it loads pages faster with out some of them :rolleyes::P

Im thinking of adding music to all of my cache pages

If its a near Imposiable Cache to do then the theme would be - MISSION Imposiable

A fun party Cache -- I like to move it [re-mix]

A water cache -- theme from JAWS

The new cache im planing --- humm...what kind of music would thay play at a Bocci Club .........-------Dragosta Din Tei :rolleyes:

Any sugestions how many times i should let it loop

ONCE, then quit. Some people don't care much for "forced" music!

Especially forced music that plays over and over. I hate that. I like to listen to XM or Sirius when I'm surfing and it sounds TERRIBLE when a webpage starts playing some tune over the top of it. UGH! But on the lighter side, I use Maxthon almost exclusively with a side of Firefox occasionally so I rarely am bothered by such things. Maxthon is an IE based browser that includes all the things Microsoft left out (tabs, pop-up and ad blockers, etc). I NEVER use IE or Netscape anymore unless a page just WILL not load on anything except IE. I've ran across those and unless it's something I MUST see, I'll skip it and go elsewhere. I do not like the idea of webmasters forcing anything on me, and that includes the brand of browser I will use.

I like music on webpages. I consider it a great time saver. If I load a page and music starts to play, it instantly tells me there's absolutely nothing that will be of any interest to me on that page and I can (and do) safely go back before I waste any more of my time.

I know, I'm harsh. But I'm also honest.

it instantly tells me there's absolutely nothing that will be of any interest to me on that page and I can (and do) safely go back before I waste any more of my time.

I agree... don't play the music at all. At the very most, the music should have a play button, and not play automatically.

Recently, I've purchased a Honda motorcycle. There are two Honda dealerships near me. One of them has music on its web page. You know which dealership I most often frequent? I know it's shallow, but I can't stand to even check out the hours at the other place if I have to listen to their music in order to do so. Especially if there is another place just down the road where I can go.

No, you're not a Honda dealership... but cache pages which have music rarely get my attention. There's no quicker way to get me to press the back button.

That said, most of my caching is done via pocket queries, so likely I would never even have your music forced on me.

Jamie

I just want to add my voice to this discussion.

I have a VERY slow dialup connection (24K) and really don't want someone slowing down my web browsing by forcing music to download over my slow, dirty phone line connection.

Please, don't put music on your cache pages, or if you have, change it to have a "Play" button . . .

Thank you for "listening" to my little rant . . . B)

Too bad. My set up ignored the music (likely my Safari aplication and/or not having a patch). Maybe I'll try again to make it work because I like to see little extra's in people's cache pages.

As far as the topic... upon reading the topic, I knew it was going to stir a few folks up. I can't explain why, but the topic of music on any Geocache historically spurs grown adults into a wild rage. IMHO I say, Loosen your straps and let the guy expirement. If sound bothers you so much, turn off your speakers! Better yet, use Safari. B)

I do browse with my speakers off . . . but downloading music slows down the loading of the other pages I'm browsing using Opera.

Music could be cool, but have a button so a person can choose to play it. In my case, since I have my speakers off, I don't even know there is music on the page. A button would give me the opportunity to listen . . . or not . . . B)

I have a VERY slow dialup connection (24K) and really don't want someone slowing down my web browsing by forcing music to download over my slow, dirty phone line connection.

Please, don't put music on your cache pages, or if you have, change it to have a "Play" button . . .

Thank you for "listening" to my little rant . . . B)

OK, Now I have one reason for not having music. People with slow connections. I've been there and know the pain you have to live with. The good news is that we have Pocket Quaries and Express Logger by Boulter so you'll never have to worry about these slow music dowloads.

You should have seen the problems I had a few years ago when Geocaching was really new and I was linked in through 'Farm Net' (Same as Dial Up but the phone line was a collection of several splices - all mis-installed be a few farmers that had riped out sections with their plows). Talk about slow. My ISP would disconnect during downloads because it thought nothing was happening. B) Two way satillite is another option.

----

I like music on Geocache pages.

I like music on webpages. I consider it a great time saver. If I load a page and music starts to play, it instantly tells me there's absolutely nothing that will be of any interest to me on that page and I can (and do) safely go back before I waste any more of my time.

I know, I'm harsh. But I'm also honest.

B)B)B)

That's great... never heard it put that way before!

I heard music on one cache page and I thought it sounded good(spooky). So I look for music to put on my cache pages and I cant find any that really sounds any good(I listened to a lot) So I put movie quotes (wav files) on a few of my cache pages. I also used small files that load quick.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...50-3c98fd82858d

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...96-2936bafb5508

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...2c-bd94f25c131d

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...40-a00d83d5165f

on this cache page I just used sound effects

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...4b-0c53c762540b

Thank you for "listening" to my little rant . . . :anibad:

Ha! I can beat that!

The wireless modem in my patrol car is 19k (not that I ever read geocaching.com while I'm on duty...

Ed

The wireless modem in my patrol car is 19k (not that I ever read geocaching.com while I'm on duty)...

Ed

Right. [Testing. Testing. Can you hear me know?!] :)

I think my Treo is around that but since it doesn't even care about sound files, I wasn't going to include it to this topic.

In case anyone cares in speeding up their dial up (assuming this is available), we just got ClearWire wireless connection which uses a T1 port and it's really fast compared to dial up at about the same price. If you use a power converter and find a hotspot, you can use it in your car too. 2MB is nothing to sneeze at and then you can whistle the happy tune of RAIDER 1's new cache! :laughing:

Lets be honest if I have music on my page (wich I caped the loop to 3) and you dont like it You will probally just press the mute button and find the cache any ways

Actually, hitting "mute" won't stop the page loading, so it's still a huge bother for those of us that are on 28k or less. I'm with joe gremlin on if a page loads and I hear music, but can't find the controls to start/stop it, I'm outta there. Plus, I've found that generally (not necessarily with any one site) the music that is played is cheesy. Mute solves that, though.