Easygps Question

SKYCOP

Try GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) - you can download cache info any way you like, limited only by the number of characters that your GPSr can display.

GSAK even anticipates limited characters on the GPSr and will generate abbreviated "smart names" that are unique for each cache, or allowing you to modify the waypoint code (e.g. drop the redundant "GC") to fit more information on the display (like cache type, container type, difficulty and terrain).

GSAK is free to try and $20 to buy, with unlimited upgrades in the future! ClydeE (the author) offers great support, including a thread in the GPS units and software forum.

If you use GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife), that is just one of the many, many features.

I have it give me the size of the cache (S, M, R) then the type (T, Multi), then a short version of the name.

"RTNewCac" would be a Regular size container, Traditional, called New Cache.

I can export a longer name to my Mapsource maps that also gives me the Terrain and Difficulty rating.

Very, very worthwhile program.

Edit . . . too slow. :rolleyes:

Edited by idiosyncratic

You have to be a Premium Member to download GPX files which give you more detail that the LOC files.

If I remember right when you download LOC files to EasyGPS you get the Cache six letter description and not the Cache Name

Become a Premium memder and order Pocket Queries.

Get GSAK $20 and a used Palm & CacheMate

You have to be a Premium Member to download GPX files which give you more detail that the LOC files.

If I remember right when you download LOC files to EasyGPS you get the Cache six letter description and not the Cache Name

Become a Premium memder and order Pocket Queries.

Get GSAK $20 and a used Palm & CacheMate

SkyCop already is a premium member (see his/her forum title).

SKYCOP

After I download to EasyGPS, I right click each entry; then select "edit waypoint", then type in name over waypoint - Then you know which cache is which .

Seems like there should be a better way, but I haven't found it yet - still learning.

Hope this helps......

John

SKYCOP

After I download to EasyGPS, I right click each entry; then select "edit waypoint", then type in name over waypoint - Then you know which cache is which.

Seems like there should be a better way...

There is. It's called GSAK! :P Spend less time typing, more time caching!