Is Gps Was Reception Tied In With Hls Level

First off the topic should read "Is GPS WAAS reception tied into HLS level?"

mod please change. We should really be able to edit the topic title at least for the first 10 minutes that the thread has been started.

Now on to my comment,

This is just most likely a coincidence and since I loss my GPS and my second hasnt arrived yet so I can't check, but ever since the bombing in london my buddy says with his sportrak map says that he hasnt been able to lock on any WAAS birds. I was just wondering if maybe is was tied to the hightened security alerts or just coincidence or satelite maitenance.

Edited by D0T-C0M
but ever since the bombing in london my buddy says with his sportrak map that he hasnt been able to lock on through WAAS. I was just wondering if maybe is was tied to the hightened security alerts or just coincidence or satelite maitenance.

Don't know if you mean US or England, but I've been getting WAAS locks in Arizona with no troubles.

Since Aviation is now relying heavily on GPS navigation .... I seriously doubt that ANY downgrading of signal would be permitted. A NOTAM (NOtice To AirMen) is issued when any normal change in aviation protocol exists such as Restricted Airspace around The Pres when he is on the move. ImpalaBob