Cito Massachusetts

We recently visited Massachusetts' Massassoit State Park. We did some geocaching and, being new to this hobby, we hadn't heard of the CITO thing. There was trash everywhere! It's a beautiful state park but everywhere you go there is trash. Plastic bags, diapers, bottles, cans.... we even found a beer bottle cap in the cache. My message to people in and visiting Massachusetts: clean up after yourself!

Geez, I must be totally oblivious. I did all four Massasoit caches in one day -- including the multi, which means I went up and down the same trails all day -- and I didn't notice it was particularly trashy. Okay, the very last site was pretty trashy, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that may not even be Massasoit property. It has to be me, though. I've heard it called that before.

Sort of changing the subject, though it is local, I did one today that was in a very nice wood, but this frightening object was on the trail:

3d627952-a4aa-41e3-8551-1ba817df284c.jpg

It's a small animal carrier that has been repeatedly duct taped together and chewed to bits. I suspect somebody tried to raise an orphan raccoon or something and got in over his head. I left it for fear some poor little furhead still called it home.