Wyoming Geocoin

KKTH3

As folks in the Wyoming area should be aware, there is an event coming up in Casper next weekend...

Nancy English Park Geo-Meet

The Lady K portion of KKTH3 has made some preliminary designs of a Wyoming state geocaching coin and the other 2/3 of KKTH3 has agreed to be at the event next weekend. Sadly, due to prior commitments we will not be able to stay long but the best guarantee if you want to have input into a WY geocoin design would to be at the picnic shelter between 12 and 1 on the 23rd. After the event we should have a decent direction in how to make this dream become a reality.

Well here it is, after chatting with dblrngr, we talked about doing a bronze and a silver, with the possiblity of the silver being tracked on GC.com. The cost for the bronze coin will be between 5 to 6 bucks and the cost for the silver(w/ gc.com tracking) would be 10.50, all prices include shipping. We would limit the silver to two per person, and bronze no limit. Post here and let me know if there would be enough interest in the silver coin. We should have the design on the 23rd, so I'll make sure that is gets posted here. Payment info will follow......

the cost for the silver(w/ gc.com tracking) would be 10.50, all prices include shipping

hmmm... let me see...

The cost of GC.COM tracking is $1.50 per coin with a 1500 coin minimum. At $10.50 for a silver coin one would have to sell almost 215 coins to just cover the cost of making them trackable. What you lose on each coin you can make up on volume??? :P

Just a thought. :P

I'm sure there is considerable interest in the Silver coins. Until I get a better count from the others in our NEW buying group, I'd guess we would be interested in around a dozen of the Silver coins.

As for trackability, if I were to get a silver geocoin in my possession, I certainly wouldn't let it loose in the hopes that it would travel from cache to cache and person to person. IMHO, it just wouldn't happen. :blink: Sooo, making it trackable on GC.COM would just be a waste of money. However, I WOULD have them numbered anyway so that each one is unique. If trackability is really desired there are other, cheaper ways of doing it.

Since, I wrote the software to track the UTAG Geocoins, I dare say that with a little encouragement and incentive, I could change it so that it would also track your Wyoming coins, too. Right now, it is written specifically for the UTAG coins but it wouldn't be too hard to allow both. It's just a thought in case you're interested in that option.

--SirGerald

Edited by SirGerald

Here is the response to date: If your numbers are incorrect, please PM and let me know. (for those that said a few..I have indicated 2). Thanks for the interest.

Allanon - 3

bluegillfisherman - 2

bullit - 60

Cav Scout - 2

CENTS - 2

ChilliBusher - 2

DLliming - 2

dzrtgrls - 5 / 2 silver

fisnjack - 2

Go JayBee - 10

KKTH3 - 2

Ladebear68 - 3

malloc - 2/ 1 silver

ManGenGho - 2

MarcusArelius - 2

Mr. Fantasic - 4

M&M Hunter - 2

NorthWes - 2

Nurse Dave - 115

OldBaldEagle - 2 / 1 silver

outdoorlady79 - 5

Prying Padora - 2

Redwing dave - 5

robinego - 3

RustyBeer Can - 2

SirGerald - 35

smokey & the teacher - 2

Team Noltex - 2

The Rubicon Brothers - 3

the4Grays - 5

tin-ear - 10

Utahbill - 5

vds - 2

WARedBear - 3

willcall - 5

WWonka - 3

Edited by dblrngr
Well here it is, after chatting with dblrngr, we talked about doing a bronze and a silver, with the possiblity of the silver being tracked on GC.com. The cost for the bronze coin will be between 5 to 6 bucks and the cost for the silver(w/ gc.com tracking) would be 10.50, all prices include shipping. We would limit the silver to two per person, and bronze no limit. Post here and let me know if there would be enough interest in the silver coin. We should have the design on the 23rd, so I'll make sure that is gets posted here. Payment info will follow......

B) One silver and one bronze, please.

Here is the response to date: If your numbers are incorrect, please PM and let me know. (for those that said a few..I have indicated 2). Thanks for the interest.

<snip>

I didn't know you were taking orders already.

Whats the price range and do you have design graphics yet?

I may want 2 silver and about 2 bronze.