Info Icons

bear&fox

Good day cachers,

I have spotted some information icons on some cache pages. These are small square (with rounded corners) black and white icons that tells geocachers about the terrain, hours, whether dogs are allowed etc. If they are visibly they appear just below the 'log your visit' and 'add to watchlist' etc buttons. See this page for an example.

How does one access these when you create a cache - I have gone through the motions, but never did see an option for this?

Cheers,

Bear

These are referred to as "attributes." They've been a long time in coming, although they are not finished yet. In the future, hopefully, one will be able to search and sort according to attributes.

You can edit the attributes on caches you own, here:

attributes.jpg

Jamie

You can also add or edit attributes at the same time you're constructing or editing your cache page. Look for the "edit attributes" link at the top of the edit page. I updated all my caches to get rid of the clunky "Selector" graphics, and after submitting the changes, I followed that link at the top to add the new GC.com attributes. Saves a page load.

Edited by The Leprechauns