Must-do Caches Between Nanaimo And Courtenay

dogbreathcanada

I already have a PQ spitting out for me all the traditional caches in and around Courtenay and Campbell River.

But on the drive up from Nanaimo, are there any must-do, gorgeous, awe-inspiring caches that should be done. The cache should be along the Island Highway, of course, perhaps within 15 or so minutes of driving. Cache shouldn't take more than an hour to do.

Ah, just list them, and I'll decide. :blink:

Thanks!!

Edited by dogbreathcanada
Just did a little caching trip in the area myself.

One thats a short 15 minute drive south, and a great cache to do is Train 48

No hiking, no bushwacking you can almost drive up to it, but for some a VERY long search!

Thanks. I'll have to mark that for another day. But really looking for caches between Nanaimo and Campbell River ... not between Nanaimo and Victoria.

Dogbreath,

Here are some good ones and all close to the highway:

Mountaintop Pitstop **** Awesome, awesome view

Underwood just off of highway. Park on shoulder or light 4x4

The Beach Boys near my house, beautiful area for lunch

They Paved Paradise

Reststop Geocache

I left Parksville and Qualicum off the list because there are soo many good caches in the area, you would never leave.

Once in the Courtenay area, any MikyMac cache will keep you occupied. He puts alot of thought and effort into his caches. Also, any Team caches (Team KFWB/ aka X-Treme Team GPS) are worth doing and are usually well put together.

Also, a neat cache to do if you have alot of time is Hit! You Sank my Bathtub by Geoscavenger. Haven't had time to do it "officially", however, I have devoted alot of time to converting all the Co-ordinates into exact locations in the city of Nanaimo. I have scouted a few out when I goto Nanaimo. Soon I'll put it all together and complete it.

Anyways, have a good time!!!!

Team TeeKay

Thanks, PDOPs and Team Teekay, adding a few of those to the Watchlist and Mapsource.

I'm doing the same trip in a few weeks. Looking forward to hearing about any interesting ones you come across.

I'll post then (in August) with some of the one's I thought were interesting ... mostly in Campbell River/Courtenay/Comox.

I just came back last night from an overnighter for work out of Campbell River and I attempted a few after while I was there. Had a bit of trouble on a few that night, but enjoyed them nonetheless. I hit two areas, the estuary trail and the trails around the lower Elk Falls park. Great trails in there!

DOGWOK

RockMe

Up the creek

SoGreen

WadaSpot

I wasn't very successful though...2 for 5, having found DOGWOK and RockMe. The others....eluded me :rolleyes:

Yes Redgreen!!!

Whacky woods is a must do also. Dogbreath, that one is in between Paved Paradise and the Resstop Cache. One of the Islands great kept secrets!

TeeKay

I just added that one. I have four now, all just off the highway, between Qualicum Beach and Comox. Hopefully will be able to convince my passengers that stopping at each of those four stops will be worthwhile. :P

Yes Redgreen!!!

Whacky woods is a must do also. Dogbreath, that one is in between Paved Paradise and the Resstop Cache. One of the Islands great kept secrets!

TeeKay

I just added that one. I have four now, all just off the highway, between Qualicum Beach and Comox. Hopefully will be able to convince my passengers that stopping at each of those four stops will be worthwhile. :P

I look forward to your logs......

Yes Redgreen!!!

TeeKay

I look forward to your logs......

Me too. I enjoy praising people for good caches.

Edited by dogbreathcanada