Get The Heck Outdoors!

I was reading an article in an aerosol industry trade magazine. They were talking about indoor air quality but what really caught my eye was this quote:

"The US is different, of course where people spend a significant portion of their lives indoors. The national average is 85%, and actually about 92% if enclosed transit vehicles are included. In California, it is 94%. In New York City, it reaches 95%."

Wow! People in New York City spend 95% of their daily lives indoors...and they still complain about the summer heat!

Thank geocaching for getting me outside, with the car windows down...enjoying the fresh summer air!

Man, I swear that I read this exact same post before. Am I loosing my mind, gaining supernatural powers, or has someone else posted this already? :blink:

Anyways, I agree that we all should spend more time outdoors, but Ithink you're preachin' to the choir on this one. I'd hazard a guess that if they did that same study on Geocachers that the indoor time percentage would go way down.

The funny thing is that when I was a kid, we spent ALL of our away from school time outside playing. After school, evenings, weekends. That's just how my kids spend their time. I make them go outside. I go outside with them. Playing, doing something. Anything. When your outside, your exercising in some form or fashion.

That's probably one of the main reasons that america, as a whole, is an over weight society.

So get outside and play.

I must agree with gpsjeep on this one! I spend quite a bit of time outside when I throw a couple of racks of ribs on the smoker. Have to get out of my lawn chair to get a tall cool one, sit down, get up and put some smoke wood in the smoker, sit down, get up and get another tall... :blink:

The funny thing is that when I was a kid, we spent ALL of our away from school time outside playing.  After school, evenings, weekends.  That's just how my kids spend their time.  I make them go outside.  I go outside with them.  Playing, doing something.  Anything.  When your outside, your exercising in some form or fashion.

That's probably one of the main reasons that america, as a whole, is an over weight society.

So get outside and play.

That would be MY outside. B) Yeah I really get a workout cranking down them Coors Silver Bullets sitting by the pool. Can't you tell? :blink:

Edited by Team Cotati