Got My Pda Now For The Software

Cachemate is all you need - as long as you are a premium member of GC.com Cachemate comes with tools for PC and Mac to convert the GPX files you can get through pocket queries so that Cachemate can dislay them.

GSAK is PC software that allows you to manipulate data in GPX files and includes the routines necessary to export to Cachemate.

...and GSAK is a really good way of managing all of your waypoints. It can shove out custom selected sets of data in the appropriate format to all sorts of GPS units, Cachemate in your Palm, waypoints in Garmin software and MemoryMap - whatever!

For example, we regularly import upteen PQs based on friends & family locations into GSAK and then use that programme to upload selected data into an Ipaq (in GPSonar and TT3 formats) and also squirt the locations into a Vista C too. Just for good measure, we push the same set of waypoints into MemoryMap and then transfer them out to be displayed in the PDA version on the Ipaq. It takes me longer to write this up than it does to do it in practise!

GSAK has so many other whistles and bells that make it a super shareware buy. We certainly rate this programme as a good geo-caching best buy.

P.S: We have no "interest" in the programme, just very please users.

On our palm VX we have cachemate

on the PC GSAK

I also have a a program called frobnitz for reading and playing interactive fiction (www.wurb.com i think) you also need a win to pdb converter on the pc.

If its the 8mb version you should be able to get 4000 caches on it with two previous logs each BTW

i just got my palm m500,

stuck a 64 mb sd card in it, and im slowly adding the whole uk 's caches (the limit of 5 pocket queries a day is slowing me down)

ive so far got 4000 caches, and it is great.

i love the search facility on cachemate. GSAK is also great for moving them onto the palm.

download it, its free for 21 days.

stuck a 64 mb sd card in it, and im slowly adding the whole uk 's caches (the limit of 5 pocket queries a day is slowing me down)

ive so far got 4000 caches, and it is great.

If you set the dates correctly on pocket queries then you can get all the current UK caches in 15 queries. Which means you can fill GSAK with the entire UK set in 3 days (and keep it updated with regular repeat queries). ;)

I've just come across a brilliant application for the Palm, a co-ordinate converter.

Mimee

I'm particularly pleased as it has a converter for the Aussie Grid, maybe not super accurate but at least I can plot WGS84 co-ords onto Aussie maps. Runs fine on my m500

There are lots of other free applications

ok, let me try and get this straight.

Equpiment: Garmin map60 & Palm Vx (OS 4.1)

Software: easy gps - (already had it)

premium membership (already was)

Cachemate - paid for and downloaded to PDA

GSAK - (paid for and waiting for reg number)

now, is that it?!?

and do I need all of them?

and ohmigod what complicated things am i getting myself into!! :P

ok, let me try and get this straight.

Equpiment: Garmin map60 & Palm Vx (OS 4.1)

Software: easy gps - (already had it)

premium membership (already was)

Cachemate - paid for and downloaded to PDA

GSAK - (paid for and waiting for reg number)

now, is that it?!?

and do I need all of them?

and ohmigod what complicated things am i getting myself into!! :blink:

You don't need EasyGPS if you have installed GSAK

You also need Batteries, lots of spare time and lot's of enthusiasm :huh::o

GSAK is to EasyGPS as a PC is to an abacus. Both store information and allow you to manipulate it., but one is far more sophisticated, has far more features, and is far more powerful. For example, EasyGPS will manipulate waypoint data, but will strip descriptions out of GPX files thereby wrecking them without even telling you it has done so.