Nd Geocoin Design

KirklandExplorers

I grew up in ND and live in Washington at this time. I would like to design a ND coin as I don't want my homestate to feel left out! Is anybody interested in helping me design a coin?

Some thoughts include:

Image of the state on one side with state flower or bird on it for some color. The other side could include a 3d image of the Badlands or something like that?

I would foot the bill to mint the limited production of the coin and collect as the coins are ordered.

count me in for a couple coins. As far as designing, does anyone know if there's a state association for North Dakota? Gotta be some cachers there with an interest.

Otherwise, I'm from Minnesota myself, which is connected to the state, and I guess if there's a need to help design a coin, I'd be help out.

count me in for a couple coins. As far as designing, does anyone know if there's a state association for North Dakota? Gotta be some cachers there with an interest.

Otherwise, I'm from Minnesota myself, which is connected to the state, and I guess if there's a need to help design a coin, I'd be help out.

There are no caching groups in North Dakota. It would be nice to see one form there as they are starting to get some park policies and such.

I just sent an initial design to Aaron. I asked for an outline of the state in green with North Dakota in curved letters at top, the word Summer in curved letters at the bottom. An outline of the state on the face with a colorful Meadow Lark image with 2005 next to it. On the back the image of the Cowboy and horse with "Official GeoCaching Vehicle" for lettering. This can change but is an initial start.

I expect to create this coin and then one more for each season down the road.

We are in the first stages of putting together a Geocoin Buying Group here in Utah. We will probably be making a bulk order. Quantity to be determined but right now looks to be around 35. Several of the people in the group have already expressed an interest in this coin and their individual orders will be replaced by our bulk order. Confused yet?

Well I dont know anything about ND except that its pretty cold there. I would probably try and emphasize the enormity of the state by making a sceninc backdrop with huge wide open sky above. And like you said a cowboy on a horse. Maybe put a river through it....

I would try and collect some pictures of landscapes as that will probably make it easier to visualize the layout.

Good Luck.

Jerseytrex <_<

Glad to see some interest in the coin! I have a design in the works and will hopefully have a proof back in the next week. It includes an outline of the state, North Dakota Summer 2005, the compass rose, a couple of 3d images (bison, sunflower, meadowlark) on front and a cowboy on a horse with "Geocaching Adventures Western Style" on the back in a 3d image. I expect to create a winter coin too when this one is sold.

Stay tuned!