Premiership Travel Bug Race 2005/06

As the time comes round again to thinking of the new football season, we thought that it would be a jolly spiffing idea to have a Travel Bug race :mad: . The aim of which to get your Travel Bugs going to caches near to the Football League's 20 Premiership grounds.

We have made a list of the nearest 3 caches to each of the grounds (or the nearest 6 in the cases of Liverpool and Everton, and Chelsea and Fulham) and the Bugs will score goals for each of the 'grounds' visited.

We will have a league table in proper Premiership fashion.

There will be prizes for the winner - the one with most goals, or the first to 20! There will be some hidden mystery prizes for grounds visited B)

If you would like to take part in this Travel Bug race, in the first instance please contact us though our profile.

We will set up a website if there is a fair amount of interest shown, with links to the football clubs, appropriate caches, photos of the TBs and a League Table.

B) IT WILL BE FREE TO ENTER B)

We would like to launch the Travel Bugs at the 1st Sheffield and Peak District Meet on the 6th August - so you can either bring them along or send them to us and we will distribute them accordingly.

Whatdya Think?!?!?

E-mail passed from deep in the defence, picked up on the wing with some excellent control, with a deft touch he's past one, past two and down the line... crosses the ball into the area!

The centre forward volleys it beautifully past the keeper and into the top right hand corner....

GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an e-mail that was sent all the way to John + Carol!

Thanks for all of the interest shown in this. We feel it is well worth the effort of doing. Thanks to Christine too of Rebel Alliance who has allowed us to use the 1st Sheffield and Peak District Meet as a kick off point for the race.

We haven't had e-mails from SlytherinAlex or The Hokesters - do we assume from this that you are going to the meet?

The website will be up and running shortly and those who have shown an interest will be e-mailed the website address.

Good Luck all of the bugs and their owners!! :P:P

We would like to launch the Travel Bugs at the 1st Sheffield and Peak District Meet on the 6th August - so you can either bring them along or send them to us and we will distribute them accordingly.

If there is anyone who hasn't got a bug tag that wants to take part, I will be at the Sheffield Meet with some spare Travel Bug tags for sale.

See me there, or email me before the event and I will start your bug out for you by proxy.

Alex.

If you visit the webpage Premier Travel Bug Race all of the rules are there under the heading "Rules" on the first page, all of the caches that need visiting are under the links at the top of the page, and now there is also a list at the bottom under "Alphabetical List of Goal Scoring Caches"

We hope that this helps - if not let us know?!?! ;):blink:

Sorry guys - me being dumb as usual.

Si

Phhhhhhheeeeeewwwww!!! And it's kick off for the Premiership Travel Bug Race 2005/06 all the bugs were taken to the 1st Sheffield and Peak District Meet and duly distributed. Good luck to all the bugs and their owners!! And may the best Bug win!!

We will change the website as soon as Wanadoo pull their fingers out and put us back on Broadband after our change of address last week. Don't worry that nothing seems to be changing at the mo - It will - we promise!! :lol::lol:

Still no news from Wanadoo - so here are the top 3 placings

1. Football Mad - Sandiway Searchers - 2 Goals Scored (Everton + Liverpool)

2. Terriers On Tour - Andy Riley - 1 Goal Scored (Everton)

3. The Onion Bag - Milvus-Milvus - 1 Goal Scored (Everton also)

Hopefully the website will be up and running soon!! <_<

Am I missing something or did Darlington get promoted to the Premiership?

The three caches for Middlesborough (54°34.690'N, 1°13.006'W) appear to be at least 18 miles from Riverside. Or are they now playing at Darlington (54°30.505'N, 1°32.034'W) which is only three miles from the nearest target cache.

There seems to be a lot of caches closer the Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium than the three on the list. What's the score?

=============================================

PS

After you look at Middlesbrough, it looks like Man City needs changing. The City of Manchester Stadium is here (53°29.010'N, 2°12.030'W) and not at Maine Road (53°27.070'N, 2°14.109'W) where the three caches seems to be near to. The new stadium is over three miles to the NE of the old one and there are caches much nearer to the new stadium that the three nominated ones.

And also West Brom. There are quite a few caches closer to the stadium than the three nominated ones. Any more?

-

-

Edited by SlytherinAlex
Any more?

-

-

Yep... For Liverpool the Bromborough Pool Heritage Trail is MILES from Liverpool by road... although as the crow flies quite near... that's because the Mersey gets in the way - to drive it takes you miles and miles out of the way - there are much closer ones, but hey - it's only a game, and I really don't care what caches the bugs go in!!

Hi We will change the Middlesborough ones, and the Man City ones as soon as possible

The nearest to Middlesborough are:

Young Cook (North Yorks)

Newport Meadow

and

Eston Nab (Cleveland)

and for Manchester City we have:

Boggarts Behind You

It's A Crime

and

Serenity (Manchester)

You can score goals at these grounds as well as the listed ones until the website is amended - latest from wanadoo is Wednesday!!!

With regards to the other caches. West Brom clashes with some of the other midland teams and some people might prefer to go to the Wirral rather than Liverpool. We will keep moving the goal-posts!!

The latest League Positions are:

1. Football Mad - Sandiway Searchers - 2 Goals Scored (Everton + Liverpool)

2. Chip Me In' - Slytherin Alex - 1 Goal Scored (Middlesborough)

3. Terriers On Tour - Andy Riley - 1 Goal Scored (Everton)

5. Neville in the Field' - 68 Guns - 0 Goals Scored - but near Portsmouth!!

Hope that helps

:lol::rolleyes:

Sorry for being a pedant, but being a 'Boro fan it always incenses me when folk spell it MiddlesbOrough!!! :rolleyes:

And I wouldn't worry - there won't be many goals anywhere near the Riverside this season.... :lol:

Best Wishes & Thanks J & C for running the Race.

The latest League Positions are:

2. Chip Me In' - Slytherin Alex - 1 Goal Scored (Middlesborough)

3. Terriers On Tour - Andy Riley - 1 Goal Scored (Everton)

I just wondered on what grounds a Middlesbrough goal is worth more than an Everton goal?? <_< Or is it based on the likelyhood of Boro scoring this season? :rolleyes: [perhaps not the wisest comment when I'm off to the North-East in the next couple of weeks... :huh:]

If the Wanadoo problems continue, I can put the files on my site for you if you'd like?

Cheers,

Baz.

I just wondered on what grounds a Middlesbrough goal is worth more than an Everton goal?? <_< Or is it based on the likelyhood of Boro scoring this season? :huh: [perhaps not the wisest comment when I'm off to the North-East in the next couple of weeks... :rolleyes:]

Probably just an arbitary decision based on the fact that I'm better looking than you. :(:(:D:D

-

Probably just an arbitary decision based on the fact that I'm better looking than you.  <_<  :(  :rolleyes:  :D

Sorry, I'm not sure of the etiquette on here - is this where I'm supposed to get all uppity, insult you, your TB, and your Mother-in-Law? :huh:

Anyway, we just scored another goal, so it's a moot point now... :D

Feel free to insult my mother-in-law as much as you like. :(:D

Congrats on goal No.2. :P