Need Help

well here is the riddle and dont know how to make heads or tails of it. I understand about the North(norman) and west(wally) but need help with the rest of it. Thanks

wally post and norman mailer were planning to take a vacation back east. norman said "i would like to visit maxatawny, pennsylvania, where some of my old friends live. this is so important to me that i give it a double vote."

wally replied "i don't have such strong feelings. i simply want to visit mount juliet, tennessee, and celebrate my 31st birthday in saint petersburg, florida."

so, off they went on their summer vacation. and, of course, they remembered to take their garmin....

I understand about the North(norman) and west(wally) but need help with the rest of it.

If you understand that much, you're definately farther than I could get reading that.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

(Also, asking for help on puzzles in the forums is sort of frowned on)

I'm across country from the cache location but the solution it isn't that bad if you read what is there and do a little research. You don't even need the clue, but it does confirm your guess, if your guess is correct. The cache owner has 60 puzzle caches and seems to enjoy placing them. Looks like the cache is pretty close to a major street, that's all I'll say.

well here is the riddle and dont know how to make heads or tails of it. I understand about the North(norman) and west(wally) but need help with the rest of it. Thanks

wally post and norman mailer were planning to take a vacation back east. norman said "i would like to visit maxatawny, pennsylvania, where some of my old friends live. this is so important to me that i give it a double vote."

wally replied "i don't have such strong feelings. i simply want to visit mount juliet, tennessee, and celebrate my 31st birthday in saint petersburg, florida."

so, off they went on their summer vacation. and, of course, they remembered to take their garmin....

Northwest MailPost. Then go east from the "mail post". The rest should all be in eye's reach, I've written riddles, and most of the time if you take one little piece and pick it apart, the rest will fall apart like crumb cake. Like 31, or MAXatawny (which in some way could mean Punks, maybe gang's spray paint near by), you just need to tear apart the clues one by one. You'll get it, I think I'd LOVE this cache if I was where you are. Too bad, well you might inspire me to do something similar.

Northwest MailPost.  Then go east from the "mail post".  The rest should all be in eye's reach,

Giving wrong and purposely misleading answers to puzzles in the forums is even more frowned upon than asking for help. It's just plain mean.

Edited by fizzymagic

Thanks to all those that have informed me of the rules of the forum. Being new to the sport I wasnt sure on how to do it. I appreciate all those people that have helped and not given away the answer.

To those that have to leave a** comments: I would appreciate if you would just shut up and keep your comments to yourself. Generally new people arent aware of the situations till they make there first mistake and get informed (like this one) but it is the crappy people in life that make it not fun for anyone.

Hey... There you go.. Tell people off in your second post ever in the forums. 

Ladies and gentleman, we have a winner.

Eh. I dunno. I'm on his side. When a newbie arrives with an attitude, he's fair game. When he arrives with a question and gets attitude for an answer, he's got a right to grumble.