Camo Lock 'n Locks

TeamK-9

I have been using " Fusion " paint as a base on L&Ls with no problem. I agree a good cleaning in the dishwasher first removes any trace oils from the molding process. ( This may have been Gorak's problem the first time ?? )

(EDIT) Also the Fusion can says" For new or unweathered surfaces, quickly wipe over surface with a standard paint thinner. " and " Dries in 15 minutes, fully chip resistant after 7 days."

Krylon Camo sticks well to the Fusion paint. All we need do now is ask the Fusion people to make it in "dull" camo colours B)

Another ploy, I have had bags sewn from Camo material ( available at fabric stores ) with a draw string that work well also. They haven't been out long enough to see how the fabric fades. I'll keep you posted. One of the hardest finds for us was a old weathered mail bag in a tree. Blended right in.

Murfster B)

Edited by murfster

I've used Acetone to clean before painting and that will roughen the surface of some plastics perfect where paint will stick. I just heard of a product that is also known as "liquid sandpaper" that is supposed to do the same.

Oh, and I got a small quantity of acetone (instead of a gallon at the hardware store) for a buck at the dollar store by buying nail polish remover. Make sure it is the old fashioned kind - a lot of it is acetone free now.

Edited by SamLowrey

I use the Krylon plastic paint myself and have gotten excellent feedback from some of the finders. I put on a nice coat of black and follow it with brown and then green. Then I take a rag or a sponge while its all still wet and just dab the entire container. Then I carefully add some yellow spray paint. I press the nozzle just hard enough to make the paint splatter out of the nozzle and coat the lock n lock lightly with little yellow dots. It might sound weird but it really does look good. I also used just the brown and green with good effects. Coat the container in green and then grab some ferns or leaves from your back yard and hold them over the painted area and coat it with the brown paint. That will leave you with the green leaf effect. Experiment a little. I don't sand them or clean them I just put on a couple layers of paint and I haven't had a problem yet. Swizzle

The obligatory humorous duct tape post:

Shortly after I married Viv, her brother asked if he could borrow my Remington 870 shotgun for deer season. Since it's my least favorite firearm, I consented. It was gone a couple years before I found a use for it, so I asked him for it back.

That's when I found out he prefered poaching to legitimate hunting.

He had wrapped my shotgun in the cloth camo tape, and left it out in the woods. (yes, for the whole two years) That way he wouldn't be seen entering or exiting the woods with a gun. Ironically, the camo tape looked like new. The few bits of exposed metal showed traces of rust, while the metal under the tape looked like it had been sitting at the bottom of Pearl Harbor.

We had a rather uncivil discussion at that point. :laughing: