G.o.n.e. Caching! Event Limited Coin

avroair

I was considering having 200 limited edition GONE Caching! (GONE stands for Geocachers of the North East) geocoins minted from the same people who did my own personal coins. The coins are smaller (1") than regular coins and have a vintage finish. They would not be trackable. And would probably run $6.00 at the event and $8.00 for the first 100 orders, (just a price I have in my head and by no means set!)

Do you think this is a good or bad idea, and why?

Guess it depends what you want them for. There has been talk with other coins just limiting them to a certain number or certain people to make them more "rare". Instead of that, it can make them just impossible for people to get just one. If you want them just to commemorate the event and the people that actually went, I'd limit it just to that instead of a frenzy of people that order first.

Remember how popular the Geowoodstock III coins were?

'Sides, I would want 2, if you made them.

Realize that the GWIII coins are trackable and these aren't. That being said, I know the coins will be sweet, since both of the likely designers of the coins do top-notch work.

I plan to attend the event and will definitely buy a couple.

:lol:

Guess it depends what you want them for.  There has been talk with other coins just limiting them to a certain number or certain people to make them more "rare".  Instead of that, it can make them just impossible for people to get just one.  If you want them just to commemorate the event and the people that actually went, I'd limit it just to that instead of a frenzy of people that order first.

Make two different color metals but keep the same design. For example, a silver colored coin for those who actually attend the even and a bronze colored coin for those who didn't. That why you can lower the per coin cost and still have something special for those that attended. Also, making them trackable (there are a number of websites that can do this for you) will increase the number of people interested in the coins.

Guess it depends what you want them for.  There has been talk with other coins just limiting them to a certain number or certain people to make them more "rare".  Instead of that, it can make them just impossible for people to get just one.  If you want them just to commemorate the event and the people that actually went, I'd limit it just to that instead of a frenzy of people that order first.

Make two different color metals but keep the same design. For example, a silver colored coin for those who actually attend the even and a bronze colored coin for those who didn't. That why you can lower the per coin cost and still have something special for those that attended. Also, making them trackable (there are a number of websites that can do this for you) will increase the number of people interested in the coins.

Great suggestion on the varied coins... they would however, never be trackable since I sincerely doubt anyone would place them in caches.

The limit number would be 200 either way since I can't afford to order more than that. $8.00 would be before shipping, but since they are small shipping would probably run $0.50 - $075 even for 2.

Thanks for the input. B)

I'd buy a few, and I'm Klizich would do the same. I plan to attend (& I'll ask Klizich whether he's interested). BTW, I like the adea of two different metals (or another identifier) to differentiate those who attended from those who merely bought one.

Edited by Ramsey LtD
Hey avroair send me a freebe of your personal coin and i'll shut up about the size :laughing:

JK, i do hope to trade for one someday though :laughing:

still up for some of these coins if they get made

I own of his coins and they are very neat! You think "oh how small" until you own one. It is one of the most talked about when people come over and get that rare :( glimps of my coin collection.

(edit for spelling)

P.S. I have one to trade if interested.

I have had two G.O.N.E. coins minted (from my own pocket):

200 bronze coins available at the event and to people who are not attending --- $7.00 each

100 brass coins exclusive to event attendees --- $5.00 each

If there is enough interest I may have more of the bronze coins made up --- I haven't opened up the sales to individuals yet since my paypal charges me fees. I will try to update this page to let people know any further details about availability (i am running the event and producing the NJ geocoin too!)