Ohio State Bag Limit

Couparangus

What's the Ohio state bag limit on Geocache finds?  :lol:

Planning a trip and don't want to over do it.  :D

C-A

Ohio has a very strict "catch and release" Geocaching program so don't plan on taking ANY of those caches home with you! :o

Lessee, I think it's 3400

Phew! It sounds like I'll be alright then.

Ohio has a very strict "catch and release" Geocaching program

Understood. I won't use any hooks with more than 3 barbs.

Canadian billiard players but I don't recall the specific language at the moment.

I think it pertains only to those whom are playing professionally. Being a disgraced player, I can exploit a loophole in the law.

Surely you mean "cache and release", right?

Of course. The container should never be considered a trade item as this is considered bad form.

It sounds like my caching should work out fine. B)

ummm, none of you told him about the Ohio Geocaching license, how come ? is it just cause it's so expensive ?

;)

Since the local caching groups get 10% of the assessed fines for anyone caching without a license, what would be the reason to fill any out-of-state visitor in on this small detail?

As for the expense of the license, you live in Ohio and never pay any park permit fees, so you can easily afford the cost of the geocaching license. For us living in other states, did you really think I enjoyed caching at night without a flashlight?

And don't even ask me about the attitude of the local magistrate, when he had to be pulled from Sunday morning church services, to fine me for no license. I thought for a while that he wasn't even going to let me post bail! Never on Sunday for me!

ummm, none of you told him about the Ohio Geocaching license, how come ?

I believe this only applies to Magellan users. Those equipped with Garmin are exempt due to causing less damage finding cache containers. The inherent higher accuracy of these receivers ensures a much faster find. ;)

So, will they let you hunt Geocaches on Sundays in Ohio?

I gather with the stipulation that cachers do not use any trade items of a non-christian nature, or while caching behave in a manner not in keeping with recent theologically acceptable norms. Cachers must not make any reference to difficult caches being hard "work", and breaking a sweat is particularly discouraged.

My wife is often referred to as a "Double-bagger." Would she be allowed double the limit or only half the limit?

Although something I wouldn't normally admit to in a public forum I don't think that she would be considered any different. However, male caching partners can increase their bag-limit by 33.3% to offset the personal sacrifice.

So, will they let you hunt Geocaches on Sundays in Ohio?

I gather with the stipulation that cachers do not use any trade items of a non-christian nature, or while caching behave in a manner not in keeping with recent theologically acceptable norms. Cachers must not make any reference to difficult caches being hard "work", and breaking a sweat is particularly discouraged.

Actually, if you exchange Jewish items you are allowed to cache freely on Sunday.

There's been an addendum to the caching laws for Ohio. This pertains to vehicles used while caching. It reads...

ss102.3B - No cacher shall employ vehicles of the following type whether Geocaching or travelling too or from a cache location or associated trailhead:

- bicycles purpose built for trick-riding or those modified with front and rear wheel foot pegs for such purpose, unless rider is under 12 years of age.

- golf carts with more than 7 flowers painted thereon. Note: No flowers shall appear on the wheels under any circumstance.

- wheelchairs equipped with electric motors closely approximating torque & horsepower specification of recent Gen Motors V8 engines

- canoes with camouflage paint or those equipped with oversized paddles

- skateboards or scooters not equipped for off-road use

- US Postal delivery vehicles

- roller blades with flourescent orange wheels or laces

- dune buggies with displacement of over 2litres