Log As Found, Your Own Cache Hides?

I just had a conversation about this. The question was about having set up a Delorme Challenge Cache (having to find/hide a cache on every page for the Delorme map book for the state), would the owner be able to log it? Yes, he knows where the final cache is, but the challenge is finding all the other caches - do the work but can't enjoy the prize.

Otherwise, in general, I agree logging a find on a placed (as opposed to adopted) cache is 'strange', but on occasion there are reasons to do so.

Otherwise, in general, I agree logging a find on a placed (as opposed to adopted) cache is 'strange', but on occasion there are reasons to do so.

A lot of event organiser log their own event cache as a find ("Attended"). I nearly logged mine - after all, I was there - but I got a pang of conscience (ha! - not that it stopped me logging quite a few "couch potato" virtuals...").

Edited by sTeamTraen

I would not log one of my own caches, but that is how I play the game. I do not see any sense in logging my own caches. I have not set up an event, nor attended any (poor selection of event times for my schedule, for example, lunch time during the week and 35 miles away); yet, I doubt I would log my own event.

I really like Reviewer Jone's tagline in regards to this question- "It's a lot like finding your own Easter eggs. There's no regulation that says you can't, but people are going to whisper and shake their heads." That is the most common-sense answer to the OP question I have read...