Ipaq And Pocket Queries

I have an iPaq 3635 and have tried several differnt ways to set it up and keep running into problems. Ex. GPXSonar comes up that it can't find but is showing it as an active program. If states to make sure that pathway and filenames are correct. I'm looking for the simpest way to set queries up in my ipaq and my garmin legend. I really don't need to have both of them linked together at this point. I just would like to get them up and running. I just don't want to lug papers around with me anymore. Any help from someone who has done this on this kind of equipment would be geat. Thanks. :o

Are you using GSAK to export in the GPXSonar format?

GPXsonar can open gpx files without conversion. Its one of the biggest advantages of using a PPC. :D

The answer to the first 3 questions needs to be yes, if its not let us know and we'll try to narrow down your problem to exactly where it stops working. :D

• Have you successfully installed GPXSonar on the PPC?
  • Have you copied a GPX file to the PPC?
  • When you start GPXsonar does it come up in a file browser type screen prompting you to select which GPX you'd like to open?
  • If you select your GPX file what is the error message?

I use an iPaq HX - 4700. I have had simiolar problems but have traced it to available memory. Since the last Rom update, I have to tend to my memory very carefully and I have 64 mb out the gate. If I am running too many programs, GPXSonar will start up and then close.

Try freeing up memory and starting the application again.

Hope that helps

I use an iPaq HX - 4700. I have had simiolar problems but have traced it to available memory. Since the last Rom update, I have to tend to my memory very carefully and I have 64 mb out the gate.

I love my 4700, before it I was spoiled with a couple ipaqs that had mega memory. It does have a 80mb file store though. Uninstall a bunch of your programs and reinstall them in the file store instead of the default location and your memory problems will go away.

Still having issues with PPC. GpxView shows files up but says they are empty. It shows size of file????????

And when I try GPXSonar.exe I get the message "Cannot find 'GPXSonar' (or one of its components.) Make sure the path and filename are correct and all the required libraries are available." I'm unsure what to do.

Anyone who is doing paperless on iPAQ live in the WIlkes-Barre/ Scranton PA area???? I'm willing to pay someone to get this set up at this point.

Still having issues with PPC. GpxView shows files up but says they are empty. It shows size of file????????

And when I try GPXSonar.exe I get the message "Cannot find 'GPXSonar' (or one of its components.) Make sure the path and filename are correct and all the required libraries are available." I'm unsure what to do.

Anyone who is doing paperless on iPAQ live in the WIlkes-Barre/ Scranton PA area???? I'm willing to pay someone to get this set up at this point.

Are you executing GPXsonar.exe on the PC or the PPC? It should be executed on the pc so that it will install on the PPC.

I'd be glad to help you out if you want to come over, but I live in Michigan. I'll be in PA in a couple weeks though.

It is amazing how many poeple post that are no help at all, I have a Palm so cant help you UGH.

Anyway I have a IPAQ 3850 and a Dell Axim X5 that had Win2002 on it and it would NOT run latest version of GPSSonar, I thought I read that GPXSonar only ran on Win2003. I upgraded the 3850 to Win 2003 and it ran GPXSonar but the Axim would not as it had Win2002 on it. Now I have upgraded the Axim to Win2003 and GPXSonar runs fine. I did use GPSView on the Axim and it works fine with Win2002. SO maybe you need to trie GPSView I actually kind of liked it better at one time.

cheers

I discovered that the GPXSonar version that is currently available only runs on Pocket Windows 2003. Fortunately, I had an earlier copy to run on my Toshiba e-350 before I goy my current iPAQ 3970, which has 2003 on it.

If you load the wrong version, you get the kind of problems that you are describing...

Bob Aldridge

Another problem that folks ran into with their IPaq's was right after they loaded up the latest printer drivers from HP, it kept GPXSonar from properly loading up. There is a new version of GPXSonar that gets around this issue. Try removing GPXSonar and loading the latest version.