Replacement Gps V And Mapsource

Hi have just received a replacement GPS V from Garmin this week to replace my unit that all of a sudden died. Included in the repair report was the fact that Garmin could not recover my waypoints. Now this is no big deal since my waypoints are also stored in my MapSource program. BUT, my big concern is if MapSource will recognize my "new" GPS since it has a different serial number. Can anyone give me some insight into this? Will I have to re-install my MapSource, or change some settings? :o

You should have also received an unlock code for your new Garmin. If for some reason Garmin did not give you a new unlock code, then you can request a "second" unlock code for your new GPS by going to the Garmin web site. You'll need your user ID that you received when you registered your original GPS.

In any event, you do not need to re-install Mapsource.

If for some reason Garmin did not give you a new unlock code, then you can request a "second" unlock code for your new GPS by going to the Garmin web site. You'll need your user ID that you received when you registered your original GPS.

That would work but would use up your second unlock so it wouldn't be available if you later want to get another unit like a 60c. Since Garmin replaced the GPS V they should supply you with a substitute unlock code. If it wasn't in the repair documentation I'd give them a call tomorrow and request one.

If for some reason Garmin did not give you a new unlock code, then you can request a "second" unlock code for your new GPS by going to the Garmin web site.  You'll need your user ID that you received when you registered your original GPS.

That would work but would use up your second unlock so it wouldn't be available if you later want to get another unit like a 60c. Since Garmin replaced the GPS V they should supply you with a substitute unlock code. If it wasn't in the repair documentation I'd give them a call tomorrow and request one.

Well too late on that one. I DID use my second unlock code, but will go ahead and call them this week to discuss this issue. I am glad to have seen how great their customer service has been in the replacement of my unit.

For future reference when I have had my Vista replaced the database has always been updated by Garmin before my unit was returned to include the new unit as being the correct serial number for unlock. All I had to do was go to the online selection and chose which unit I was trying to upload maps to.