Respect? That Is One Thing I Have Lost

Doing a little reseach tonight, I have found that 6 of the top 10 cachers in the United states have multilogged caches. I am not planning at this point to name names, but, many are doing this. I thought this was frowned upon by the site.

I do not have exact numbers, but I also found that most of the top cachers in Missouri are doing the same thing.

I have found the people I used to admire, are really nothing more than cheats. It is quite disgusting if you ask me.

Ok, even though this might be a troll....

there are numerous threads about when it's ok (if ever) to multi-log a cache.

Bottom line comes down to, if an owner doesn't mind, it's not "cheating"...whatever that means in an activity without prizes or stakes.

Doing a little reseach tonight, I have found that 6 of the top 10 cachers in the United states have multilogged caches.

It is quite disgusting if you ask me.

If you are in it for the numbers I can understand being upset by what others do for the numbers.

Otherwise, who would care?

I am not saying you shouldn't be in it for numbers, it is just that I am not in it for numbers and really couldn't care less what those who are in it for the numbers do.

In my opinion, the harshest thing the OP said is that Multiple posters are cheaters.

Well ...... We kind of get to make our own rules. It's hard to define "cheating" if you are able to follow your own personal rules.

But, the OP also indicated a loss of respect for previously admired Cachers. I understand that. Multiple post (for other than very special exceptions), do not impress me. I certainly question the personal integrity of anyone doing that.

Exactly the same way I question the integrity of anyone using a toe wedge when playing golf.

It would be silly to allow ourselves to get upset about this. But the way you play games, does reveal your character.

I don't get it. Why multi log. I am not in it for the numbers. Living where I do one can't be as there are only about 10 caches in a 1000km radius and there are stories in the news paper every week of tourists getting stuck or some even dying on these roads as they are so remote. I have found every cache within a 100km radius and am now planning a weekend trip to find the next nearest one. I am in it definately for the adventure

Where I work, sometimes people get really upset when some of their co-workers are chatting it up too much and generally paying less attention to what they should be doing.

I usually advise my angered co-workers to "let it go," there are worse things in this world to get bent out of shape over. Why give yourself hives over nothing?

If someone else wants to flagrantly break rules that aren't going to harm anyone else, then that's their trip and their wrongdoing will catch up with them without the rest of us getting ulcers over it.

If you need to examine something, perhaps your scrutiny should be directed at your need to finger point.

Edited typo

Edited by ADKcache
Doing a little reseach tonight, I have found that 6 of the top 10 cachers in the United states have multilogged caches. I am not planning at this point to name names, but, many are doing this. I thought this was frowned upon by the site.

I do not have exact numbers, but I also found that most of the top cachers in Missouri are doing the same thing.

I have found the people I used to admire, are really nothing more than cheats. It is quite disgusting if you ask me.

It is quite disgusting if you ask me.

I dont remember anyone asking you.

The best cachers are not rated by their numbers, but by how much fun they have.

Interesting. How does one determine whether someone half-way around the world with mega-thousands of finds has enjoyed more "fun" from geocaching than somebody living across town with 2 finds? I would think that newcomers to the game experience the most intense fun; they must therefore be the best cachers?

Thank God that, in their personal pursuit of having the most "fun" that can be derived from geocaching, nobody's activities directly affect any other person negatively or reflect negatively on the game itself.

Thank you for your report, Inspector Clouseau. I had nearly forgotten your appointment to the position of Chief Log Inspector. The only two questions I have for you, sir, are:

1) Whatever possessed you to pick through the logs of others?

and

2) Whatever makes you think anyone GIVES a dadgum?

I did a little research myself and by looking at your stats it looks as if you are mad at multiple logging only because you cannot find regular caches.I dont understand why you spend so much time on the computer finding the cheaters when you could be out logging caches instead.Since this is your first post we will forgive you.your next topic can be I cant find any caches so im going to find every thing wrong with geo-caching and post it in the forums.

Just my 2 cents worth

I'm equally shocked that some people shave strokes off of their golf game, fib about their age/weight, and keep library books past when they are due...some people drive faster than the speed limit and others dye their hair...

People play this game, and live their lives, according to their own rules...98% of the time, the way people do the things they do doesn't hurt me, when it does I either ask them to stop or take myself out of their range...I don't complain to a whole other group of people about it.

nfa-jamie

I've visited several sites where a cache had been muggled and a new one in a slightly different location had been placed using the same name where the owner invites previous cachers to log it again. Your log will show two finds for the one cache. Also, if that is not a troll and they are really new to caching, I'd remind them that there are many, many caches using the same NICKNAMES so that strolling down a list of logs it may APPEAR to be a double log. If you must take the time to search through another cachers logs sure to check the waypoints. You may not be seeing double after all. Bottom line - it's the cacher's personal log and they rule how they wish to play the game for themselves.

It's not a competition, so who cares? What's it to anyone of someone logs their finds more than once? You do what you need to do, and don't worry about the others.

If you have that much time to pay attention to what other people are doing, you don't have enough to do. I suggest getting a hobby.

Wait! Wait! Wait! Where can you see your rank? I want to see if I am in 5 or 6 figures.

Oh yeah multi logging. Looks like the wolf pack would benifit from have a either seperate log-ins. All in all, I am more impressed by a persons ability to hide things, than the number of caches they have found. Take this guy for example (BlindReff). He is probably one of the best when it comes to camouflaging a cache.

My .02 which really isn't much :o

I have lost respect for sock puppets who lack the personal fortitude to start a topic under their primary account. We won't be hearing anymore from the OP. As the topic engages in personal attacks by a trolling sock puppet, I am closing it.