Page Reduction

There are a couple of them around. If you use GPSBabel's 'text' format, omit the logs, then pull the results into a word processor with about three columns and a smallish font and printing double sided, I remember averaging something like 18 caches per piece of paper.

See other posts in the threads at:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=0entry922952

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...0entry1030733

for other options.

And as an extension of GPSBabel, you can use the Condensed Print option in GSAK. When I occasionally go paperless, that's what I use. Then I print four pages per sheet, double sided. That way, I can get eight pages of caches on one sheet of paper, and each page will have 5-7 caches on it. That's around 50 cache pages on a single sheet.

Jamie

And as an extension of GPSBabel, you can use the Condensed Print option in GSAK. When I occasionally go paperless, that's what I use. Then I print four pages per sheet, double sided. That way, I can get eight pages of caches on one sheet of paper, and each page will have 5-7 caches on it. That's around 50 cache pages on a single sheet.

Jamie

Ok, but if you are printing anything, how is that going paperless? Unless you meant paper less or less paper. :o

Jamie

How can you select how many pages per sheet?

Ok, but if you are printing anything, how is that going paperless? Unless you meant paper less or less paper.  :D

D'oh! Dang words and their meanings. Of course I meant... when I occasionally use paper (as opposed to paperless).

Ninja, on your print menu (the box that pops up when you print something), you should have an option to select the number of pages per sheet. Depending on your printer and the driver software you have, you might not have this option, but I'd be surprised.

Jamie

I'll have to check these out. I don't have the toys to go paperless right now and I've really ramped up my caching this year, so I'm blowing through a lot of tree. :D

I've got a stack of probably 30 pages sitting here igth now for the week. Anything to cut down on the paper I use, not to mention the clutter, is a good thing.

BN.. yeah, that's a drag. I was always sure to print them in either alphabetical order, or in the order I intended to search for them. Sometime I had two or three sheets with 30+ caches per sheet. Hard to find what you're looking for sometime.

Jamie