Paperless Newbie

I've done a search and can't find the answer to this. I just bought a PDA, got cachemate and I'm trying to get the GPX file to my PDA. I am a premium member. When I do a pocket query, no matter what email address I send the GPX file to, it never arrives. I'm assuming spam filters are getting it, but no matter how much I tweak my email, it does not let the GPX extension through (I guess). Is there a way to get this thing by buypassing email? I appreciate the help.

I used to have the Pocket Queries come to my Yahoo! address.

You could sign up for one of those and use that address for your PQs if your other email address just won't let them through.

I now use my regular ISP, Intergate.com, and they come through there with no problem, and no tweaking.

One thing you can do--which is recommended anyway--is to have the gpx file sent in zip format. This makes it less prone to corruption in transit, and might dodge filters better, too.

Edit to add: this option is a checkbox at the end of the PQ form.

Edited by embra

Just one more thing to check. After you create the PQ, run the search. You should be able to see which caches you'll receive. If you don't see any, then there is something wrong with the PQ. As the others have said, have the GPX file sent in a zip format is the best method.

MadDog Family  Posted on Jul 9 2005, 08:58 AM

I've done a search and can't find the answer to this. I just bought a PDA, got cachemate and I'm trying to get the GPX file to my PDA. I am a premium member. When I do a pocket query, no matter what email address I send the GPX file to, it never arrives. I'm assuming spam filters are getting it, but no matter how much I tweak my email, it does not let the GPX extension through (I guess). Is there a way to get this thing by buypassing email? I appreciate the help.

I know people are telling you to zip the pq, but that was my problem. My isp blocks attachments with certain extentions, .zip was one of them. They "said" they could not change this behavior in their protection program. I told them to rethink what they were doing because it took to long to download file that weren't zipped. They didn't and I changed isps.

Another thing to check for is the size of the attachment. Some isps have limits on them. Write the webmaster or the tech deptment and ask them. They may have the answer for you and maybe a work-around. OR better yet, they can modify their software.

I know people are telling you to zip the pq, but that was my problem. My isp blocks attachments with certain extentions, .zip was one of them. They "said" they could not change this behavior in their protection program. I told them to rethink what they were doing because it took to long to download file that weren't zipped. They didn't and I changed isps.

Another thing to check for is the size of the attachment. Some isps have limits on them. Write the webmaster or the tech deptment and ask them. They may have the answer for you and maybe a work-around. OR better yet, they can modify their software.

Or, you could just get a g-mail account.