Hershey, Pa

Boot Group

Hello Northeast. We are traveling from MA to Hershey, PA. We're staying at Hershey Highmeadow Campground. We'll arrive sometime on July 21st, and will depart on July 26th. We plan to do many of the usual tourist activities while in the area, but we will HAVE to find some geocaches in the area as well. We have two kids, ages 5 and 9, and would like some recommendations for some family friendly geocaches we "must" find during our stay. We'd enjoy finding at least one that usually has travel bugs in it, since we'll probably have 3-5 to trade while we are in the area. Also, we love meeting other geocachers, so if anyone would like to meet up with us one day, please e-mail us directly. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. Happy Trails from Mrs. Boot Group.

Hi! Hope you have lots of fun while you are here!

I don't know much about the Hershey area, but a few miles past you in York, PA are some pretty good ones. My favorite virtual has unfortunately been archived, but you can view it at : GC7101 A must-see, even if the only smiley you get is your own faces!

There is also a Meet & Greet there: 1861-1865 Meet & Greet

For Hershey, search under ZIP 17033: Hershey Looks like you will have enough to keep you busy for a day or two! :laughing:

I suggest you head about 10-15 miles east of Hershey to the Mount Gretna area. There are lots of nice woodland caches, several of which are geared towards kids. And the Colebrook Twin Kiss can't be beat for a nice break in the middle of the day. My seven-year-old loves the area.

Try searching a couple of miles out from N 40 14.500 W 76 29.000 and you're bound to find some you like. If you're bringing your bikes along, there's a nice rail trail that you can ride to a couple of the caches.

Well, we're leaving a day early (tomorrow) because I suddenly decided that I HAD to visit a friend I haven't seen in a while in New Jersey. So, hopefully, I'll have time to grab at least one geocache in New Jersey too. I get a kick out of logging caches out-of-state. I received a nice e-mail from a local Hershey cacher (family),and will hopefully meet up with them during my stay in Hershey. I also received a nice e-mail from a New Englander who went to Hershey with kids, so she gave me some good advice too. I'm not very high-tech, so I won't be logging my finds until I return to MA. I have a friend in MA who will grab and drop any TB's I might bring if necessary. So, thanks again to all of you nice folks for your suggestions and e-mails. I better get packing :0