Uploading Gps From A Pda

Hi,

Does anyone know of any software that allows you to upload waypoints to a GPS from a PDA.

My PDA is a Palm M515 and I use Plucker and Cachemate.

The idea was that if I went on a long trip, I could download all the caches to the PDA which can store more waypoints that my eTrex's 500 waypoint limit.

On a day that go out cache I could upload the local waypoints for that day to the GPS.

This would very handy when you are travelling.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Gary

For serial data transfer between a PDA and GPSr you need a Null Modem Adapter or a cable which includes the connections of the adapter (the receive wire from one is connected to the transmit wire from the other)

If you have the PC cables for your Palm(non USB) and Legend a nine pin gender changing (male/male) null modem adapter will allow you to connect the two cables together and transfer data.

Edited by PDOP's
For serial data transfer between a PDA and GPSr you need a Null Modem Adapter or a cable which includes the connections of the adapter (the receive wire from one is connected to the transmit wire from the other)

If you have the PC cables for your Palm(non USB) and Legend a nine pin gender changing (male/male) null modem adapter will allow you to connect the two cables together and transfer data.

I don't know much about palms(I'm a PPC guy). I thought it was supposed to be a straight through serial connection. I thought you needed the serial cable from the GPS and a serial synch cable for your device and then the gender bender male/male connector. Thats how it works on a PPC, maybe the Palm needs the null modem cable but I've never heard that before.

I don't know much about palms(I'm a PPC guy). I thought it was supposed to be a straight through serial connection. I thought you needed the serial cable from the GPS and a serial synch cable for your device and then the gender bender male/male connector. Thats how it works on a PPC, maybe the Palm needs the null modem cable but I've never heard that before.

I don't know much about palms(I'm a PPC guy). I thought it was supposed to be a  straight through serial connection. I thought you needed the serial cable from the GPS and a serial synch cable for your device and then the gender bender male/male connector. Thats how it works on a PPC, maybe the Palm needs the null modem cable but I've never heard that before.

From the Cetus GPS website Connecting a GPS receiver via a serial cable

If you have a GPS receiver with a standard PC serial cable, you may use a standard Palm modem cable to connect your Palm to the GPS receiver. You can even use the hotsync craddle if you have a standard null-modem adapter. You can buy the null-modem adapter at the local computer store or maybe solder one yourself. The null modem is simply two Canon 9 pole male connectors with pin 5 connected, pin 2 connected to pin 3 on the other connector and pin 3 connected to pin 2 on the other connector.