Geocaching And The Bombings In London

...people responsible for the bombings in London this morning may have been communicating through Geocaching ...

Unlikely, but I heard a rumor that airheads are communicating through these forums, and spreading silly, irresponsible rumors.

A neighbor told me she heard on the news today that the people responsible for the bombings in London this morning may have been communicating through Geocaching or sending waypoints through the system. I don't believe it since I doubt the Government would have been able to find this out as quick as that. Just wondering if anyone heard anything about it?

If you did'nt hear anything about it, you should not have posted anything here. If you did, then you should have replied here. He did not ask what everyone's opinion is on this matter and whether or not he is some idiot. I never in my life seen such a bunch of ignorant people that just love to critisize others. It was a simple little posting about a possibility, and most of you blow it all out of proportion. This is the biggest reason why I rarely post in this forum.

Go ahead and blow my posting out of proportion....

... I never in my life seen such a bunch of ignorant people that just love to critisize others. It was a simple little posting about a possibility, and most of you blow it all out of proportion. This is the biggest reason why I rarely post in this forum.

Do you notice any irony in your post? ;)

A neighbor told me she heard on the news today that the people responsible for the bombings in London this morning may have been communicating through Geocaching or sending waypoints through the system. I don't believe it since I doubt the Government would have been able to find this out as quick as that. Just wondering if anyone heard anything about it?

Have ther changed her meds recently ;)

If you did'nt hear anything about it, you should not have posted anything here. If you did, then you should have replied here. He did not ask what everyone's opinion is on this matter and whether or not he is some idiot. I never in my life seen such a bunch of ignorant people that just love to critisize others. It was a simple little posting about a possibility, and most of you blow it all out of proportion. This is the biggest reason why I rarely post in this forum.

I think you saved us all the trouble of doing that yourself with your own post ;)

She must have been listening to FOX News . . .

Now that comment was completely out of lefty field.

Oh, please. I don't care what side of the political spectrum you're on - Fox "News" is a complete load of s--t.

Holy bannination batman!

You are a key example of how natural selection isn't done with human beings yet. Say hi to the CTV folks for me.

Er, I think he was joking... I think...

Edited by Tidalflame

I'm a former British Army bomb disposal officer (ATO to any Brits looking in who have a service history) with a lot of experience of terrorism at very close quarters, and frankly some of the stuff being said in here is total and utter tosh. Rumour-mongering is fine, humour is fine, but come on folks - at a time when some people over here are still looking for loved ones who are probably just body fragments and DNA traces. Is CTV alive and well in geocaching.com?

End of rant - my sense of humour will return momentarilly.

I never in my life seen such a bunch of ignorant people that just love to critisize others.

You must live a VERY sheltered life. That, or you're only 6 years old.

No were just Canadians B)

I toured a Canadian Navy destroyer. They have beer in their vending machines and a bar on the mess decks. If they are not on watch, they are allowed to drink.

I always thought that was amazing.

That and the fact that a lot of Canadians still leave their doors unlocked at night and they have some of the lowest crime rates on the continent.

I think they DO really lead sheltered lives! NICE!

(I'm still waiting for a news story about a Canadian destroyer gets pulled over by the Coast Guard for bobbing and weaving in and out of international waters.)

:P:P

;)

I'm a former British Army bomb disposal officer (ATO to any Brits looking in who have a service history) with a lot of experience of terrorism at very close quarters, and frankly some of the stuff being said in here is total and utter tosh. Rumour-mongering is fine, humour is fine, but come on folks - at a time when some people over here are still looking for loved ones who are probably just body fragments and DNA traces. Is CTV alive and well in geocaching.com?

In the midst of life there is death.

In the midst of death there is life.

I am also ex military.

US Air Force Air Rescue with too much time spent in South East Asia.

US Army Combat MP with specialization in Psyops.

Levity is one of the main fashions we use to process extreme fears.

I am not defending anyone by the way.

Right on. How about a nice cup of shut-the-hell-up.

... I never in my life seen such a bunch of ignorant people that just love to critisize others. It was a simple little posting about a possibility, and most of you blow it all out of proportion. This is the biggest reason why I rarely post in this forum.

Do you notice any irony in your post? :lol:

Not really...

There's a difference between beating someone up and stepping in to defend someone who is being beaten up. In both cases you are swinging your fists, but for very different reasons.

Trinity's Crew Posted on Jul 12 2005, 03:31 AM

QUOTE (sbell111 @ Jul 9 2005, 07:40 AM)

QUOTE (Oakley1975 @ Jul 9 2005, 04:29 AM)

Do you notice any irony in your post? 

Not really...

There's a difference between beating someone up and stepping in to defend someone who is being beaten up. In both cases you are swinging your fists, but for very different reasons. 

I wish people like you would post more often!

Do you notice any irony in your post? :lol:

Not really...

Do you advocate rumormongering?

You know, the sad part is that instead of being upset or saddened or sympathetic or anything else people are sitting in this thread arguing about possible consipracy theories.

No matter how it happened, last I heard 40 people died and 20+ more were still critical. How about worrying about them.

Or the perverts on the site. That guy that kidnapped those two kids and bludgeoned the family was a cacher.

...Or the perverts on the site. That guy that kidnapped those two kids and bludgeoned the family was a cacher.

You might want to check out the thread from last week related to this.

While its true that he had used gc.com in the past, he was not an active geocacher.

You know, the sad part is that instead of being upset or saddened or sympathetic or anything else people are sitting in this thread arguing about possible consipracy theories.

Can't someone have more than two emotions? I agree that the rumormongering is counterproductive, and considering the nature of the event, this particular rumor could spread no matter how silly it is. However, the whole "how dare you talk about etc" is a bit specious.

Or the perverts on the site.  That guy that kidnapped those two kids and bludgeoned the family was a cacher.

Yes, very awful. However that quote could be associated with any topic here in the forums. How can you talk about locationless caches with murderers out there in the world? It isn't very helpful and also specious.

The topic is the topic and topics are debated. Personally I would have liked to snuff this one but I'd be accused of censorship. (false martyr alert)