Vashon Cache-hunt July 23or24

podlians pod

If I have sufficient funds for that weekend and I park my vehicle(highly inefficient fuel usage) at the Southworth terminal or be picked up in the Bremerton area, I would like to ride with someone in their vehicle, if someone wants a "Old Bat" as a navigator or a backseat driver.

sorry took so long to get back been stuck doing military stuff..well actually yes i would be more than thankfull if you'd be willing to make an itinerary for it seabeck i was just going to kinda go in a counter-clockwise circle and say meet here but if you can map it please do:)....thanx again to all who are comming alas at this point seeing how it looks like theirs 9 on the list where/when sounds like a good time for us all to meet up?

So when we did this adventure back in May- we started with Upcountry Vashon (be sure to use Phil&Cathy's parking coords- about .75 miles each way to the cache- nice walk- wear shoes that can handle muddy bits). Then Lisabuela, Vashon History, Pandora's Boxes, Wind in the Hollow, Dockton, Fence Lizard, and our last cache was Vashon Island Book Exchange. Somewhere in there we did Vashon ???, but I'm not sure where. I kinda think we did it second, then did the counter clockwise tour. Hope that helps! Have fun! :o

okees all seeing how time is comming soon im still planning on doing it i need suggestions on timeframe to meet at ferry and if anyone is willing to help me out making a map im still having issues with my mapping software..(sorry alls)

whoever is planning on attending please post and give suggestion for meeting time

well as of right now im on westerly side of the island..sorry allanon...but if whoever wants to go im still game if all else fails we can just do the guess the route way and meet at "x" cache and go like that:P

um.. for my ferry its times are ??? im going to find out after work but what time are you willing to get up:P

my idea of order if any other suggestions is/are...

vashon-lisabeula...upcountry vashon...vashon ???...dockton cache redux...fence lizard...vashon island book exchange...wind in the hollow...pandora's box part III... and finally vashon-history

Okay,

I'm in w/ Bug-A-Boo.

I was thinking that we could all meet up at/near the North ferry terminal then go to Upcountry and work our way CCW around the island ending at Vashon-???

As for a time I was thinking about catching the 0835 ferry from Fauntleroy. Too early, someone else throw out an idea.

0835 sounds good to me im over here on opposite side of water port orchard, bremerton area so i will catch the closest ferry to your idea so the question is do we want to me at "x" cache or at one of the 2 groups terminals or what...actually ill post my ferries closest time as soon as i get it today how about either meet at "x" cache or if big time gap between the 2 ferries first group their meet the other..for the west side of water my cell is 360-710-4316 if one of you on the east side wouldnt mind posting or emailing me your number we can at least call each other as we both near the island to judge from their..

sorry to miss ya recdiver we'll miss ya but alas...yea 0820 sounds good got ahold of seabeck tribe their making a route for us and i will post it either tonight or tomorrow morning sometime hopefully so from their i say meet at the first cache on list when it gets posted if their are no objections? myself or seabeck will post the route :lol:

OK, I did some playing with MapSource and City Select routing and plotted a counter-clockwise trip from the Vashon ferry landing. Here's what I came up with:

1. Upcountry Vashon ... Parking coords courtesy of Prying Pandora. Traditional, Regular

2. Vashon-Lisabeula ... Traditional, Regular

3. Vashon-Hostory ... Virtual

4. Pandora's Boxes Part III ... Traditional, Regular - Suggested to NOT do this one at high tide (5:53am). Low tide is at 1:00pm so we should be OK.

5. Wind in the Hollow ... Traditional, Regular - but we may want to skip this one...the last two attempts (July 15 & 17) were DNFs due to bees. :unsure::lol::unsure: ...or we take lots of long range bee/hornet killer with us. :rolleyes:

6. Dockton Cache Redux ... Multi-cache, Regular - find the signs/numbers and do the math

7. Fence Lizard ... Traditional, Regular

8. Vashon Island Book Exchange ... Traditional, Regular

Head back to the ferry and pick up,

9. Vashon-???? ... Unknown, Other - Park, take a walk, get answers to two questions, mail them to Hazard.

Andrew, I may be picking up my friend from Toronto in Redmond, but even if I don't and you want to go...I could pick you up or meet you at a P&R somewhere...

looks good to me so just meet at the first one on the list? im still game for that 0820 ferry so.. :rolleyes: thanx again for all the help getting this set up all

and as far as the bees we can check it out all else fails if anyone else besides me is stupid enough to run for it we can just bring it out:P

note to self long sleeve clothes for that reason:P

Andrew, I may be picking up my friend from Toronto in Redmond, but even if I don't and you want to go...I could pick you up or meet you at a P&R somewhere...

I will post early Sat if I need a ride or not. If I do the hike I am going to get an early start since it is a long one so I will be up early (to me at least).

oddly enough right wing thats the same route that seabeck sent me plus the road turns and distances so it looks good to me heres their thread they sent me:)

sorry for mess not to good at adding to threads yet:(

Depart Vashon Island-Southworth Ferry [10800 Vashon Hwy SW, Vashon, WA 98070, (206) 464-6400] on Vashon Hwy SW (South) 4.7 mi

Turn RIGHT (West) onto SW Bank Rd 1.9 mi

Bear LEFT (South) onto Thorsen Rd SW 0.5 mi

Turn LEFT (East) onto SW 184th St 0.4 mi

Turn RIGHT (East) onto Local road(s) 0.2 mi

At Upcountry Vashon by nullman & Alahammer GCG5N8, return West on Local road(s) 0.2 mi

Turn LEFT (South-West) onto SW 184th St 0.4 mi

Turn LEFT (South) onto Thorsen Rd SW 0.1 mi

Turn LEFT (East) onto Westside Hwy SW 2.4 mi

Turn RIGHT (West) onto SW 220th St 0.9 mi

Bear LEFT (South) onto SW Lisabeula Rd 0.3 mi

Turn RIGHT (North) onto Local road(s) 87 yds

At Vashon-Lisabeula by Hazard GCCD07, return South on Local road(s) 87 yds

Turn LEFT (East) onto SW Lisabeula Rd 0.3 mi

Bear RIGHT (North-East) onto SW 220th St 0.7 mi

Turn RIGHT (South) onto Wax Orchard Rd SW 2.8 mi

Turn LEFT (East) onto SW 264th St 0.5 mi

Turn LEFT (North-East) onto Vashon Hwy SW 0.2 mi

Turn RIGHT (East) onto Local road(s) 32 yds

At Vashon-History by Hazard GCCD06, return West on Local road(s) 32 yds

Turn RIGHT (North) onto Vashon Hwy SW 2.1 mi

Turn RIGHT (East) onto SW Burton Dr 0.4 mi

Turn RIGHT (South) onto 97th Ave SW 174 yds

Bear LEFT (South-East) onto SW Bayview Dr 0.3 mi

Bear RIGHT (South-East) onto Local road(s) 131 yds

At Pandora's Boxes Part III by ivan the terrible GCNHBX, return North-West on Local road(s) 131 yds

Turn RIGHT (North-East) onto SW Bayview Dr 0.3 mi

Turn LEFT (North-West) onto SW Harbor Dr 142 yds

Turn LEFT (West) onto Local road(s) 54 yds

At Wind in the Hollow by greenmoser / jordanm maintainer & cohider GCK8CW, return East on Local road(s) 54 yds

Turn LEFT (North) onto SW Harbor Dr 0.7 mi

Bear LEFT (South) onto 97th Ave SW 0.2 mi

Turn RIGHT (West) onto SW Burton Dr 0.4 mi

Turn RIGHT (North) onto Vashon Hwy SW 1.0 mi

Bear RIGHT (North) onto Local road(s) 32 yds

Bear RIGHT (East) onto SW Quartermaster Dr 1.4 mi

Bear RIGHT (South) onto Dockton Rd SW 3.4 mi

Bear RIGHT (South-West) onto SW Dock St 43 yds

Turn RIGHT (North) onto Local road(s) 65 yds

At Dockton Cache redux by bitwits GCKJ5J, return South on Local road(s) 65 yds

Turn LEFT (East) onto SW Dock St 43 yds

Bear LEFT (North) onto Dockton Rd SW 1.3 mi

Turn RIGHT (East) onto SW 248th St 1.3 mi

Bear LEFT (North) onto 59th Ave SW 0.2 mi

Turn RIGHT (South-East) onto Local road(s) 0.3 mi

At Fence Lizard by nullman GC5903, return North-West on Local road(s) 0.3 mi

Turn RIGHT (North-East) onto 59th Ave SW 0.4 mi

Turn RIGHT (East) onto SW Point Robinson Rd 1.5 mi

Turn LEFT (North-East) onto Local road(s) 43 yds

At Vashon Island Book Exchange by Adopted by Geodeez and Geodude2 GCGTR0, return South-West on Local road(s) 43 yds

Turn LEFT (East) onto Local road(s) 164 yds

At Vashon-Light House by Hazard GCCD02, return West on Local road(s) 164 yds

Bear RIGHT (West) onto SW Point Robinson Rd 2.9 mi

Continue (West) on Dockton Rd SW 1.5 mi

Turn LEFT (West) onto SW Ellisport Rd 0.7 mi

Continue (West) on SW 204th St 0.4 mi

Turn RIGHT (North) onto Vashon Hwy SW 6.5 mi

Arrive Vashon Island-Southworth Ferry [10800 Vashon Hwy SW, Vashon, WA 98070, (206) 464-6400]