Recommendations For Seattle Caches

The4B's

We're going to being vacationing in Seattle in a few weeks time and want to do some geocaching. Can anyone recommend any caches that sort of fit these guidelines: in a nice large park or green space or outside the city, relatively easy hike/walk, maybe several along one walk, nice views or cool area a visitor normally wouldn't get to, and preferably not micros (nothing to trade so the kids aren't so interested). We'e looking for 1 or 2 trips of a few hours long each. Transportation is not a problem so only serious 4x4 off roading would be a problem.

Last year we did a few in Lincoln Park so we would like something different than that.

Thank you.

Still Sleepless in Seattle. :ph34r:

Wow, Seattle is such a wonderful area with lots of parks with caches in them! I'd love to spend a weekend there just to cache all by my lonesome. I was planning to in May or so, but then I got really sick. I may never be able to do a caching weekend like that again, but I hope to. And it will be in Seattle! :D

Another one that I enjoyed was Huskies-Herons-Horticulture, but it is disabled at the moment. I hope it gets back up and running, it was nice.

Discovery Park is a great place to hike with great views. I have a cache there on the beach and there others I've heard good things about. If I weren't so tired I'd send you a link! Most of the visitors stay by the waterfront- I always think of DP as more of a 'local' thing.

Here's the Washington State Ferry Schedule. You probably want the Mulkiteo/Clinton route. Hope you enjoy your trip!

BTW, Light House Point isn't actually on Whidbey Island. It is on the other (North) side of Deception Pass. Nevertheless, it is close enough and definitely a must do! Make sure you go at low tide, or you can't get there. Here is a link to the Puget Sound Tide Tables. Deception Pass is under the Rosario Strait heading.

Edited by Prying Pandora
Here's the Washington State Ferry Schedule.  You probably want the Mulkiteo/Clinton route.  Hope you enjoy your trip!

BTW, Light House Point isn't actually on Whidbey Island.  It is on the other (North) side of Deception Pass.  Nevertheless, it is close enough and definitely a must do!  Make sure you go at low tide, or you can't get there.  Here is a link to the Puget Sound Tide Tables.  Deception Pass is under the Rosario Strait heading.

Lighthouse Point is off the S shore of Fidalgo Island which is connected to whidbey by a bridge across beautiful Deception Pass.

You can continue N on Hwy 20 after the Lighthouse Point cache and take I5 South to Seattle. This avoids backtracking the slow 2 lane hwy 20 back down Whidbey and the ferry wait. That route is quicker for the trip back and could add to the amount of caching accomplished in a day.

A couple of other notables along or around that route -

A Sharpe View

Deceptive

There are also some very nice caches on Fidalgo, but I won't post them here in an effort to avoid self promotion. whoops