Indoor Benchmarks

BuckBrooke

I've created an Indoor Benchmarks webpage. It includes stations that people have reported in this forum, emailed me, or that I've found. There are 80 stations so far. My criterion for including stations is anything that has a roof/dirt/stuff over it. It includes stations inside buildings but not on their front steps. Stations in tunnels, dams and other earthworks are included. The underground mark of a normal aboveground station is not included.

More submissions are welcome, including those those from official NGS sources, as well as discs/stations not in the NGS system.

Edited by BuckBrooke

Here is another one and I know of another one but will have to hunt down the PID as I don't recall the designation etc.

SG0186 DESIGNATION - MCM QUINCY 2 1939

THE MARK IS A STANDARD U.S.

SG0186'COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY DISK SET FLUSH WITH THE FLOOR AND

SG0186'IS STAMPED M.C.M. QUINCY NO. 2 1934 1939.

SG0186'TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE IN HANCOCK, GO NORTH AND EAST

SG0186'ON U.S. HIGHWAY 41 FOR 2.25 MILES TO THE MINE ON THE RIGHT,

SG0186'GO THROUGH THE DOOR ON THE NORTH FACE OF THE BUILDING AND

SG0186'FOLLOW THE STAIRWAY TO THE TOP, OBSERVATION ROOM, AND THE

SG0186'STATION.

Edited by Z15

BuckBrooke,

I am posting these two as possible additions to your Indoor Benchmarks page. The call if these fit your criteria, is yours, of course.

I have given up finding these. I have made several attempts and on one had three helpers. I believe them to still be here.

OC0569

OC0570

I see you have a bunch of the marks on the arizona side of the hoover dam, but don't seem to have any of the ones from the nevada side. I know from looking there are several listed on the inside. Unfortunately this was stuff I was looking at several days ago, so I can't remember which benchmarks they were B). They do show up in the clark county searches for nevada though.

As to the Milwaukee error, I need to chat with the trained monkeys that enter data into the tables. That's what I get for outsourcing.

In regards to the Arizona vs. Nevada issue, I'll look more closely. I may have missed some stations. Update: there are 3 indoor marks in the Hoover Dam and another one in Las Vegas that I found. Thanks for the heads up.

Has anyone else ran across errors in the page, or more indoor stations? I'm talking with the NGS about a few things, and working on a few more pages of different info. More to come.

Edited by BuckBrooke