Gpx Sonar...

Thanks GEO.

Are there any problems with using it i.e. any known issues?

I really need something for logging in the field and I can't upgrade the PDA at this time so my choices are limitted. I can live without the tech support in order to get the usage I need.

GEO, what feature does PPC2003 have that you utilize in GPXsonar and is not available in PPC2002? Is it not possible to compile a version that just runs on both? The executable itself should run under both OSs and work fine unless you are using some OS feature or library that is new in PPC2003.

Take a look at the readme file in the PPC 2003 version. All the updates after 1.21 don't exist in the PPC 2002 version.

Also, if you use VC++, MFC and STL to write software for the PPC, you'll quickly find out that having the same code base for both PPC 2002 & 2003 is a real problem. The compilers are just too different.

Take a look at the readme file in the PPC 2003 version. All the updates after 1.21 don't exist in the PPC 2002 version.

Also, if you use VC++, MFC and STL to write software for the PPC, you'll quickly find out that having the same code base for both PPC 2002 & 2003 is a real problem. The compilers are just too different.

But you don't have to use two compilers. Code compiled with eVC++ 3.0 should run both on PPC2002 and PPC2003 devices. That's why I asked what special PPC2003 feature or library are you using that is not available in PPC2002.

I use GPX Sonar for 2002 and it works fine. Since there is no longer support for it I had to figure it out on my own but I have done that with little problem. Since my PPC is doing what I need and want it to do with 2002 I can't see any sense is buying the 2003 upgrade and starting all over from scratch, I would feel the same way if the upgrade was free btw.