Incredibly Stupid Autorouting Suggestion?

Now that I have City Select, I have been playing a lot with autorouting. I notice that my GPS r beeps once about the time I need a turn signal and twice right when I need to turn. Wouldn't it be nice, if the GPS beeped twice for a right turn and three times for a left? That way, you wouldn't even need to glance down to see the arrow or direction phrase that is showing.

Call me lazy, but I think it would be cool.

You are an accident waiting to happen. Using a GPS like this is really meant for driving with a co-pilot. It is dangerous and foolish to be taking your eyes off the road for as long as you have to, to read this thing. Do yourself a favor and buy a Garmin Street Pilot or a Magellan unit that talks to you. They cost more, but at least you won't wind up in the back seat of the car in front of you, when it stops unexpectedly.

You are an accident waiting to happen. Using a GPS like this is really meant for driving with a co-pilot. It is dangerous and foolish to be taking your eyes off the road for as long as you have to, to read this thing. Do yourself a favor and buy a Garmin Street Pilot or a Magellan unit that talks to you. They cost more, but at least you won't wind up in the back seat of the car in front of you, when it stops unexpectedly.

oh Please JohnnyRotten. Give me a break....... So you have never looked at your Cellphone, Car Radio, Air/Heat controls.....ect.... Looking at the arrow on the GPSr is no worst or no better.

It is dangerous and foolish to be taking your eyes off the road for as long as you have to, to read this thing.

So what I hear you saying is that you agree. Two beeps for right and three beeps for left would be cool. You are sooooo right. You would not have to take your eyes off the road even for a second to see the arrow. See? I knew other people would think that was an improvement, too. thanks!

Back in the day we use to have to take drivers ed in school. This was back when having an accident in your first year of driving was unusual. Now my son and daughter cannot name anyone in there class that hasn't had an accident. But I digress

We were taught that you should be scanning not staring at the road. Road, dash, road, mirror, road, left, road, mirror, road, right, road, dash, road,

Now I just add the GPS into the scan, no problem man.

There is a PALM PDA navigation SW available here in Germany which also runs on older with no WAV or MP3 ability:

It simply beeps at you are approaching an intersection. What is very clever is the melody: It uses eg two beeps with different frequency: if you have to left turn, it beeps eg low beep then hi tone, if you have to turn right, its hi then lo. you learn it very fast!

In most cases you do not have to look on the display to know which way to turn. I would like to have this ability at my Magellan as well.