Veggiecaching

Wow, I had no idea we were covered so completely in the forums! (I'm touched!)

Yes, Big Idea has a group of folks who geocache, and one or two (like me) who also go out with our families, too.

We are in Franklin, TN and no longer in Illinois. (Love it here)

On the video, we kept the locations and names of the caches vague so as not to give anything away for future cachers. We didn't even mention the website, just to make sure people had to hunt that down for themselves. (Also to make sure we didn't infer an endorsement - that would violate the terms of use)

Congratulations to all of you who found the Easter Egg on the DVD -- I guess you all have the urge to hunt for hidden things everywhere!

- Tim

Dang you moved!?!

I always loved the stuff on the Veggie Tales Christmas Spectacular (Live from the Big Idea Studios in Lombard, Illinois....)

pagrape_small.gif

The Veggimite Christmas Spackle Party will be Clint Back...

Any time you guys want to head back to Chicago to cache, feel free. Meanwhile, if you want a great TN cache, head about 100 miles SE to N 35° 08.073 W 085° 21.505 (shameless plug for my cache)

Wow, I had no idea we were covered so completely in the forums! (I'm touched!)

Yes, Big Idea has a group of folks who geocache, and one or two (like me) who also go out with our families, too.

We are in Franklin, TN and no longer in Illinois. (Love it here)

On the video, we kept the locations and names of the caches vague so as not to give anything away for future cachers. We didn't even mention the website, just to make sure people had to hunt that down for themselves. (Also to make sure we didn't infer an endorsement - that would violate the terms of use)

Congratulations to all of you who found the Easter Egg on the DVD -- I guess you all have the urge to hunt for hidden things everywhere!

- Tim

Yes, everyone that's posting on this thread has either seen the Easter egg or loves Veggietales! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your support guys! We thought the GeoCaching would be a fun, adventurous idea for a wrap party. It's cool to see that not only are people finding that easter egg, but that they're excited about us going GeoCaching!! By the way, the old studio in Chicago was an old Woolworths department store, not a Walgreens.

Thanks for the great easter egg in Minnesota. I originally bought the DVD because a) my kids love Veggietales and :) I love anything 'Indiana Jones"-ish...and once we found the easter egg, the boys went NUTS!! Now they want to Geocache every time we go to any town. LOL.

Thanks again. VT has really blessed us in alot of ways.

Annabug, Dodgeman and the GeoTwerps- who can all sing every silly song..by heart. (esp. Cebu, Pirates and Barbara Manatee!!!)

CYBret thanks for the link to the Veggie Rocks CD. It had my girls rockin' and singin'...especially The Belly of the Whale song. Now my girls want to find the caches that Bob and Larry Boy have found...LOL

You let your kids listen to Veggie Rocks?!!?!? Mine like it, but they prefer the 10th anniversary CD....Veggie Rocks is what Dad listens to.

Tuesday night we set up the digital projector outside and showed Minnesota Cuke on the wall of the neighbor's barn (until the first storm in over a month blew in). I clicked through to show everyone the "Easter Egg" so they could see what I do for fun. Some of them sounded interested in going.

Of course, my 3 year old Gracie looked at the screen and yelled, "LOOK DAD! A GEOCACHE! CAN WE GO?!?!?!"

Bret