Veggiecaching

I picked up the latest Veggietales video, Minnesota Cuke this afternoon, and after the kids (and I) watched it, I went searching for all the hidden extras. Lo and behold, on the "Family Fun" page on the DVD, if you keep hitting the left arrow, a picture of a hairbrush eventually lights up. press Enter and you see a short video of the entire Veggietales production crew going geocaching!

They hit a few caches, but I couldn't figure out which ones as the shots of the cache sheets they used and the closeups of their eTrex wasn't clear enough to make out any GC IDs.

From what I can gather, one of the staff is a regular cacher and invited everyone else out. They're based in the Chicago suburbs (Lombard?) Any Chicago area cachers notice the Big Idea crew out caching? Is anyone here in the forums on the staff?

And I'm 15!!!

Ok, after I stopped laughing.

Veggietales rules! I'll have to check it out. My kids will freak!

On every ride at DisneyWorld my kids (and I) would yell, "Goodbye Bumblyburg!"

(I hope this is serious and true information. I've been suckered recently. B) )

Just for clarification that's: VeggieTales.

Edited by BlueDeuce

That's interesting. Big Idea has their main office in The Factory in Franklin, TN. (I'm pretty sure they closed the Chicago offices after the first box office attempt.) There are no shortage of caches in that area - including a couple within a frisbee throw of their office. CCCooper's 5K event was held downstairs from their office and SBUX was bummed that it was closed.

I'd heard there was even a reference to Franklin in Minnesota Cuke.

Our son sings "Busy, Busy" on our answering machine (tell the RIAA...)

I pull Rumour Weeds from the mulch bed, sometimes refer to my Magellan window mount as having "super suction ears", and spontaneously break into The Bunny Song, The Song of the Cebu, The Water Buffallo Song, or any number of Larry's Silly Songs. I dig VeggieTales!

So cool!!! Thanks! I am not very good about finding the easter eggs--I have to cheat and look 'em up or have someone like you clue me in!!

I ran out (yes, at 1:30 am!) to check it out as my 14 yo daughter and her friend who is sleeping over were stumbling off to bed. I made them come in to watch it--bonding experience, don't you know!--and we loved it!

DD said that geocaching might be okay now, since cool people like the VT's cache. :huh: She loves giving me a hard time! (Her friend has cached with me and loves it, too, so no winning over needed there.)

So, going to check out Lil Joe's easter eggs now.... :(

Well ya know what the hardest thing about cachin' with vegetables is....???? :huh:

Naaaa, I can't go there. You can see that one comin' a mile away. :huh::(

I tried caching with a tomato once. He kept lagging behind, ya know, really slowing me down. About the 3rd cache, I ran back to where he was and just squished him right on the spot. I yelled, "Hey, Catch up!" (rimshot)

Yup, love them Veggies. I mean, who can keep "The Pirates that don't do anything" from running thru their minds...

.....( endlessly, in fact, this may have not been a good idea to mention this, 'cause now I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD.........!)

"we're the pirates that don't do anything, we just stay at home and lay around and if you ask us to do anything, we'll just tell you: we don't do anything"

re: previous post (ouch)

I tried caching with a tomato once.  He kept lagging behind, ya know, really slowing me down.  About the 3rd cache, I ran back to where he was and just squished him right on the spot.  I yelled, "Hey, Catch up!"  (rimshot)

:huh: Ya just HAD to go there...

That is pretty cool about VeggieTales & geocaching. Thanks for letting us know about the extras, we'll have to check it out.

Edited by ZillahBillies

I know it would have (more than likely) been commercial, and therefore not allowed on here... but they should have set up a URL or Email address to log the fact that you found the E-EEG... as a psuedo virtual cache. LOL

I love easter eggs. The best I have heard of is one in a DVD where the actors in the movie are shown trowing *real* easter eggs at the camera. EEGGS and GC are in my "daily" sites.

I know it would have (more than likely) been commercial, and therefore not allowed on here... but they should have set up a URL or Email address to log the fact that you found the E-EEG... as a psuedo virtual cache. LOL

I love easter eggs. The best I have heard of is one in a DVD where the actors in the movie are shown trowing *real* easter eggs at the camera. EEGGS and GC are in my "daily" sites.

Aww, man! Now I am upset!!! :huh: I misread the original post.

I thought the VEGGIES actually went caching!! You know, Larry looking around singing, "Oh where is that cache? Oh where is that cache? Oh where, oh where, oh where oh where oh where...... is that cache??"

"Hey, look - I found a quarter!"

I am so sad - and happy at the same time. I need help. Professional help... :(

Momma Marauder

Makes me want to go to the StuffMart and hide a micro in a light pole!!!

I'm such a blue berry.

What does it mean? :unsure:

StuffMart is my favorite euphemism for those big box stores.

My three year old never misses the chance to yell, "I am going to die!" (We get strange looks from those not in the know.)

My response to him is, "Goodbye Bumblyburg!" He cracks up every time.

Oh yeah, You should see his "check it out, check it out" dance.

uhm, am I on topic?

Edited by BlueDeuce

A few years ago, Jonah came out. My wife took Agent K to the first showing while I was at work. The next day I finally got to go see it. I allowed my daughter to go see it again, but it was I who wanted to go see that movie.

"Now the moral of our story, it's the point we hope we've made:

When you go a little loopy, better keep your nurse well paid!"

Veggie tails used to be produced out of an old Walgreens drug store in the Yorktown mall. I have met many of the people who work there. A good bunch of people. Funny thing is that since they were located in the mall they could not get pizza deliveries.

I bought a couple of the VHS tapes for my neighbor's little girl, otherwise I probably wouldn't know about them either.

They are very funny, plus they have a good message.

and not too preachy if that's a problem. Even if it is, the Gilligan's Island and Star Trek parodies are worth a viewing.

pretty much OT, but...

Back in 'the day', I tried out for the Iowa All-State Chorus. Iowegians know that this is a chorus comprised of the best vocalists in the state, and there is a band that goes with it. The tryouts are an all-day greuling experience, starting bright and early ('bout 8 AM) and going all day long. Your primary audition only lasts 5 minutes, so you've got a lot of time to kill during the day. Most of the time is spent sitting in the gym of some high school waiting for the day to end; and of course there's all the usual HS ways of entertaining yourself--cards, books, sleeping, etc etc etc.

Sometime during the afternoon, two tuba players got into a 'war', one would play some complicated piece, then the other would reply with another. The mass of students in the gym would vote with applause. They went back and forth like this for several rounds, until a third tuba player walks over, looks at the two, picks up his horn, and starts playing away---the veggietales theme song.

He got a standing ovation.

I like your car...

I like yors too.

Is it a jeep?

A subaru.

I like your tires

I like your chrome

A trailer hitch?

Left mine at home............

Oh oh, you and me in our sport utility vehicles

Crusin to 7-11 for a cup of steamin joe

Oh oh, you and me, in our sport utility vehicles.

Slammin into 4 wheel drive, to pick up a dozen eggs!

Now we know the origin of that song........ cachers!

They went back and forth like this for several rounds, until a third tuba player walks over, looks at the two, picks up his horn, and starts playing away---the veggietales theme song.

He got a standing ovation.

DK, that is great!!

And back on topic, what other references to caching have there been in popular radio/tv/movies (besides Law & Order?)

I like your car...

I like yors too.

Is it a jeep?

A subaru.

I like your tires

I like your chrome

A trailer hitch?

Left mine at home............

Oh oh, you and me in our sport utility vehicles

Crusin to 7-11 for a cup of steamin joe

Oh oh, you and me, in our sport utility vehicles.

Slammin into 4 wheel drive, to pick up a dozen eggs!

Now we know the origin of that song........ cachers!

Ohhhhhhhhhh! You don't know HOW many times that song has been sung--really belted out!--in my house and surrounding area since this dvd came out! LOL Even dh was humming it at the firestation! Oops! :o Good thing most of the ff are dad's and understand. :D