Making A Geocoin?

GeoCoins.net

Here's a few places to have your geocoins made...

metal coins about $4-$5 each (I think a min. of 100)

http://www.militaryspecialties.com

wooden coins about $.50 each

http://geocoins.net

metal coins

http://www.kvcoins.com/

We are in the planning stages of a metal coin, but are having a hard time choosing our design. ($400 dollars is a lot of money!) B)

Good luck!

Edited by TeamAirik

Pressed Metals is a great place to have things done. They're the ones that did the Calgary Coins. Only thing is, due to the production process differences, the die costs are quite a bit more (typically about 200 Canadian/side), but then each coin is less, and the finished product is nicer IMHO.

As you are stating prices, Geocoins.net is very inexpensive. Of course, they also sell wooden coins meant for trading or actually more of a signature item.

Cost is only $0.50 per coin with orders in multiples of 10. They will also do custom coins with a one time setup charge of only $20.00. Then you can order as many as you want for the $0.50 each. All artwork is kept on file so if you order again later, there is no setup charge again.

For the price, you really can't beat it.

I'm headed into the fray. So far, the best customer service I've seen has come from "coinsandpins.com". They've been quick to respond, and are actually coming in lower price-wise than almost all others.

If anyone has had a different experience, I would like to know it!

I made the mistake of sending Kvcoins money to get die artwork started on 8-1-05. I went with Kvcoins because they were the only ones to respond to my emails. I later found out that the others I had emailed were given a bad return email address for me. After two weeks Kvcoins has not returned one email (I have not called yet) On 8-8-05 I contacted CoinsAndPins and on 8-15-05 I got my first look at die artwork for my coin. Coinsandpins has been very responsive to all my emails from the start.

Tom

I have been very happy with the work done so far by coinsandpins.com. We recently approved the initial art work and they are currently in the process of creating the die artwork. They have been extremely helpful on all fronts of the project and have always been prompt about getting back to me.

We are really excited about our coins, and can't wait to get them and start trading and placing them in caches.

I'm headed into the fray. So far, the best customer service I've seen has come from "coinsandpins.com". They've been quick to respond, and are actually coming in lower price-wise than almost all others.

If anyone has had a different experience, I would like to know it!

I think you'll find the quality meets, or more likely exceeds as well!

Have any of the state coins been minted by coinsandpins.com? We (NY) are looking for a mint, and they look to be the cheapest overall and offer 6 digit alpha-numeric numbers (aka GC.com tracking numbers) for $0.45 per coin. What are some other coins that have been made by coinsandpins.com?

Have any of the state coins been minted by coinsandpins.com? We (NY) are looking for a mint, and they look to be the cheapest overall and offer 6 digit alpha-numeric numbers (aka GC.com tracking numbers) for $0.45 per coin. What are some other coins that have been made by coinsandpins.com?

Idaho. check the hard-to-see link on the left side of the coinsandpins.com home page. they profile the coin on it's own special page.

I find these coins fascinating.

I have a question and this may not be the best place for it, but:

Do you have to do anything special with/for/to GC.com to be able to track these custom coins?

I see many people get them serial numbered. What is involved in that so that a person can track them?

Indiana was made by Aaron Charles (coinsandpins.com). You'll be getting a good look at their work in a couple of days. ;)

Custom made coins can't be traced through GC.com, you have to make your own website and programming.

Another option is wooden nickels, not as cool as metal, but a HECK of alot cheaper. I've giving "M&M Hunter" a try, his nickels look nice, and are cheaper then anything else I've come across. If I'm happy with the work and price, I'll post a follow up on this thread.