What!!!!!

Anyone speak German? One of the TB's the picked up was collected on July 4th in Germany, prompting the cache owner to write something that doesn't sound good.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...01-6b7f10a33343

Google translate suggested "By user TravelBug1000 the inventory list was brought unnecessarily in disorder. If already statistikgeil, then one can make it also correct. The Cache first times deactivated to I to by-look can. TravelBug1000 wrote down and for an explanation asked. BTW: Much-saying name, then he has only 993 before itself. I reserve myself to delete that logs."

One of his caches was in Germany yesterday. I'm not sure if today he went from Devon to Scotland via the Midlands and Home Counties or the other way round.

However, the german cache is now deactivated. The log refers to Tb1000 and since I don't speak german I used a webbased german translator to decypher the log,

Through user TRAVELBUG1000, the inventory list was brought unnecessarily in confusion. If already statistics lecherous, also correctly can make one it. The caches will deactivate first of all past show until I can. TRAVELBUG1000 had written down and had asked for an explanation. BTW: significant name, has it only 993 before itself. I reserve myself that put to delete.

I am none the wiser!

EDIT : Me and LordElph on the same wavelength

Edited by Kitty Hawk
Wow, they sure get around!

Yes, but if anyone can verify the presence of those TB's fair play to the guy, but some of those caches sounded tough, and the log entries I saw just said "nice place for a cache, left TB"

Fake log entries shouldn't bother anyone, but fake TB entries would be annoying.

Wow, they sure get around!

Yes, but if anyone can verify the presence of those TB's fair play to the guy, but some of those caches sounded tough, and the log entries I saw just said "nice place for a cache, left TB"

Fake log entries shouldn't bother anyone, but fake TB entries would be annoying.

Yes, it is possible they had been working on the caches and simply didn't date their logs accurately.

From what I can understand, there are other TB's in the cache including the two still listed on the cache page, which are now not listed as being in the cache. The cache has been archived until the owner can go out and take a look.

So, one could gleen from this that the person in question visited the German cache, took down the numbers of various TB's, but left them in the cache. Since then he has logged visits to various other caches and said he's put these TBs into them.

Edited by Bekandian

Well i'm not going back out to the "stuey 5X5". done it once, and i aint doing it again to check for the TB!!!!!

It's a good, hard, hours walk from the parking and the terrain is awfull!! Nay, worse than awfull..................................i'll let Stuey check it when he comes back from caching in Cornwall at the end of the week.

Definately all fakes, I've been watching the 'sick clanger' cache (not figured out the code yet) - there is no way it he could of solved the puzzles and found the caches in all these cache.  Added these are new caches placed in the last month, plus why hasn't he picked up other caches in the areas.

I've plotted his finds on a map here :-

http://www25.brinkster.com/lakeuk/geo/tb1000.htm

Looking at that map, it's as if he's trying to make a shape on the map. Like the guy in the US a few years back who was placing bombs in mailboxes in such a way that they made a smiley on the map - he wanted the TV news to show the map, apparently.

Here's a translation of the German log:

"TravelBug1000 has messed up the inventory list of this (TB hotel) cache. Even if you're just in it for the numbers, there's a right way to do things. I'm disabling the cache until I can get along to it to check. I've written to TravelBug1000 and asked for an explanation. By the way: "cute" handle, only 993 still to go. I'm considering deleting (his) log."

Also, JeeperMTJ wrote in his log:

"@TravelBug1000: Vielen Dank für Deine tolle Initiative. Wir freuen uns alle sehr. Freue mich auf unser erstes Zusammentreffen."

which means

"To TravelBug1000: thanks a lot for your brilliant effort. We're all most impressed. I'm looking forward to meeting you".

(And you didn't think Germans could do sarcasm!)

Personally, I think TravelBug1000 is probably trying to compensate for his low score here.

[Edited by Moderator to remove inappropriate link]

Edited by Lactodorum

There was a guy/gal called TBSnatcher who did exactly that. He visited caches that had TB's in where he had obtained the tracking number legitimately i.e. from photos.

He stated that he did not just guess tracking numbers.

The difference was this though:

He snatched them from the cache and then immediatley put them back!

I suppose he wanted to see how many TB's he could get.

Profile of TBSnatcher

Nothing wrong with that or is there.

BTW he / she has been banned.

There was a guy/gal called TBSnatcher who did exactly that. He visited caches that had TB's in where he had obtained the tracking number legitimately i.e. from photos.

He stated that he did not just guess tracking numbers.

Whatever... anyway, it's trivial to guess TB numbers, so I presume he's just lying.

Maybe it's time for 14-digit TB numbers, like mobile phone top-up cards.

Personally, I think TravelBug1000 is probably trying to compensate for his low score.

I think this is a scam as well.

Do think that the above link should have come with a warning, thank god I didn't open it at work in open plan in plain view of 30 others. The ribbing I would have got. Imagine having to explain geocaching and the reason for visiting that site with that large heading all in one conversation ;);) . I would have died!!

[Edited by moderator to remove inappropriate link]

Edited by Lactodorum

Well, I've been meaning to do Sudoku - Easy for a while, and since it's just down the road, if it's not raining at lunchtime (and if I manage to do the puzzle), I'll let you know this afternoon if the log's been signed, and if there's a TB there (although I expect it'll be "NO" on both counts)

well, it wasn't raining, but I think it might take me a bit longer than 10 minutes to to the puzzle. I'll do the puzzle this afternoon and go and see the final cache tomorrow

Edited by NickPick
- The same day he/she visited a TB-Hotel near Airport Frankfurt/Germany and grabbed all (6?) TBs residing in this Cache (This was against the rules anyhow, but this is a different story) The account has been banned. I also banned their real account, and, sadly, the static IP address for the user who did all of this.

Just FYI, but this user does not live in Germany, so whatever was done to the cache was done "virtually"

Looks like Jeremy has done his stuff!!!!!!

Edited by Wadders
This chap has just done these caches in a day, Knowing Stueys 5X5 i am somewhat pessimistic!!!!!

Now that he has been revelaed as a fake, I don't need to take a trip out to *cough* my secret location to check his log exists. It wouldn't matter though, my legs are cut to shreds at the moment anyway, so a few more cuts and grazes wouldn't matter :rolleyes:

I'm going to delete his log. It didn't do the cache justice :anibad: