Geocaching Linked With Crime

Vg'f grzcbenevyl pybfrq juvyr gurl gel gb svther bhg jung EBG13 zrnaf. Vqvbgf.

Njj, lbh whfg tnir vg njnl. Lbh fubhyq unir fcryyrq bhg "guvegrra". YBY.

Orfvqrf, urer'f fbzrguvat orggre guna ebg13 sbe gurz gb purj ba sbe n juvyr...

Swrye swqb rqq m'o qtgjffqf. Jreey qwsv ayb ax abx sr ggj behzo sbrw swqb.

Vg'f grzcbenevyl pybfrq juvyr gurl gel gb svther bhg jung EBG13 zrnaf. Vqvbgf.

Njj, lbh whfg tnir vg njnl. Lbh fubhyq unir fcryyrq bhg "guvegrra". YBY.

Orfvqrf, urer'f fbzrguvat orggre guna ebg13 sbe gurz gb purj ba sbe n juvyr...

Swrye swqb rqq m'o qtgjffqf. Jreey qwsv ayb ax abx sr ggj behzo sbrw swqb.

Cheronji yeht benefucci!

I didn't get to read the thread before it was closed, but this is hilarious:

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?t...ight=geocaching

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?t...0&pagenumber=17

Gotta watch those travel bugs. :-)

/me retreats back to lurking status

EDIT: To add that it is a little bit creepy - you never know who's out there (not just referring to geocaching). Remember to use COMMON SENSE. :-)

Edited by Gremalkin
They need to go back to secret government cover-ups and soviet plots and leave us law-abiding citizens alone. Or maybe they should dig up the fact that Mr. Duncan played T-ball as a kid so therefor all T-ball players are criminals

or bowling! I gave that up years ago because of the criminal element. :mad: Do they have any idea how many criminals play softball on the bar's team. :unsure: Movies......man, I'll never go to a movie again!!! :mad: Oh no! and now some "court" group has my avatar!! I've gotta log off.

Great shades of "The Salem Witch Hunt!"

Reading over there last night was a look into how fast people get hysterical about things before even studying what they are reading over here.

I wonder if they realize how many policemen, firemen, military personel, ministers, Drs., RNs, EMTs, etc. are registered a geocachers.

And YES, I realize we could have some bad people registered also. But chance are, there are probably bad guys registered over there, who find information on that site useful to themselves as well.

What is sad, is getting slammed without them even realizing how family oriented this sport is...

lulu

Babes

Why of all cars, these two men are found to be riding in a stolen  jeep ? Why not a car or a van i mean it can be just a coincidence but i am really curious about the travel bugs at geocaching... It looks like there is a meaning to their words... I dont know maybe this is nothing....who knows....

followed by some reason:

Huntress1

Jeeps are easy to break into and steal. My friend's was broken into a few times before she finally got fed up and sold it.

and then back to hysteria:

Babes

Well maybe....

Just trigger this scenario because of the geocashing hunting game

http://jeep.geocaching.com/

What is a Jeep Travel Bug?

It’s a white die-cast Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with an official metal tag attached. We’ve hidden approximately 5,000 Jeep Travel Bugs in caches located in the lower 48 states. When you find a Jeep 4x4 Travel Bug, enter the unique tracking number into the Jeep Geocaching site at http://jeep.geocaching.com to log its movements in the real world. You can then move it to the next cache you find so others can help it on its journey.

do they realize how small the jeep travel bugs are? :unsure:

8f636666-4679-493f-bbf7-7cc43f2166dc.jpg

it would be helpful for them to understand things a little better. dkwolf's post was right on.

what about Mark McKenzie ... does he play geocache? do they have a 4x4 vehicle?

Well, I don't know about Mark... but I play geocache! Aaaaand, MY vehicle has 4 wheel drive.

Scary stuff. But who really knows?

shrug.gif

I see the Geochachers are still laughing at us.

No no no. We're laughing ABOUT you.

No wait. I'm laughing at you.

I wish they would register and post. I want to know their thoughts on Duncan having two geochache nics.

What?!? Duncan has a sockpuppet? That does it. How many times do I have to tell you kids?

I'm going downstairs right now and shut off geocaching. Get back inside.

Geocache is just a high-tech hide-and-seek game/hobby. Most players seem to be family-types. Basically a member puts some small or silly item into a box (the cache), and posts the GPS coords on the net. ANYONE can look up the coords and go try to find the cache. They take the item, and write in a log, replace the item with another item, and go back to the web and post their accomplishment. There are sometimes encrypted hints.. encrypted so that people who DON'T want the clues, don't see them.

I HIGHLY doubt that pervs would be using THIS particular form of the game for their disgusting purposes, since ANYONE can be the next to find your stash. If one of the normal players opened the box and found something illegal the perv would be in real danger of exposure.

But.. though I have never heard of it before, I suppose the technique COULD be used by a PRIVATE group of pervs (or drug dealers/weapons dealers.. whatever) to transfer their contraband. Place a container in any semi-secluded spot, and direct the recipient by GPS Coords. They would be beyond STUPID to do it under the Geocache website itself though.

Just because this turd is a pervert, the Geocache hobby was NOT nefarious. Even pervs have other interests than their perversion.. THIS perv was also a skier and karate enthuasist. No need to paint all skiers and karate kids with the same brush.

JMO

Thank you.

We could not have said it any better ourselves.

I wish they would register and post. I want to know their thoughts on Duncan having two geochache nics.

What?!? Duncan has a sockpuppet?

They stumbled upon a TB that it appears the accused setup with some other geocachers across the nation. The goal was to make it to a cache near each one of them so that they could log it. It's not clear how he organized with these different cachers to be on the list and so the CTVers have come to the conclusion that everyone moving the TB (in locations that don't fit the accused's timeline) are probably aliases they should follow up on. They think he's "talking to himself" in the logs for that TB when he only posted a note asking if someone could keep the TB moving (it looks like it had disappeared just prior to his note).

From everything we know about TBs, it's a completely banal case of a TB just not making it to its goals. For CTV, it's a new series of leads into: at worst, people who were known to him in some way (other pedophiles?!?)...at best, more aliases and signs of extreme madness!?!

:unsure:

Oh, man, don't feed them a term like "sockpuppet"...with a pedophile!?...that's like a whole 'nother 3 days worth of speculation right there on how he used his sockpuppet around the kids! :mad:

sheesh! you actually have to be approved to read their forums!! :unsure: you can read ours without even being registered. if we're hiding info, we're doing a terrible job of it.

Now now, don't go hysterical based on one webpage...you'd be no better than them. LOL.

If you're referring to the first link in this thread, it appears that the message was deleted/moved/merged in a way that in order to see it requires administrator approval (some forum software use a hidden forum to archive but not delete 'finished' threads).

Just click the "home" link in the upper right and then the "shasta" forum on the main boards page if you want to sort through their comments.

sheesh! you actually have to be approved to read their forums!! :unsure: you can read ours without even being registered. if we're hiding info, we're doing a terrible job of it.

Weird. I could read them just fine yesterday. Must be cause we're talking about them.

Maybe this link will work?

Good post there at the bottom.

sheesh!  you actually have to be approved to read their forums!!  :unsure:  you can read ours without even being registered.  if we're hiding info, we're doing a terrible job of it.

Now now, don't go hysterical based on one webpage...you'd be no better than them. LOL.

If you're referring to the first link in this thread, it appears that the message was deleted/moved/merged in a way that in order to see it requires administrator approval (some forum software use a hidden forum to archive but not delete 'finished' threads).

Just click the "home" link in the upper right and then the "shasta" forum on the main boards page if you want to sort through their comments.

this is not hysterical.

hysterical is when my hubby pays forty bucks for a used breadmaker that we didn't need. :mad: it will make an interesting travel bug though. :mad:

sheesh!  you actually have to be approved to read their forums!!  :unsure:  you can read ours without even being registered.  if we're hiding info, we're doing a terrible job of it.

Weird. I could read them just fine yesterday. Must be cause we're talking about them.

yep! at least one person over there has an IQ higher than their inseam measurement.

yep! at least one person over there has an IQ higher than their inseam measurement.

yea either that or they all followed vree13's link and got their tin foil beanies on

hysterical is when my hubby pays forty bucks for a used breadmaker that we didn't need.  it will make an interesting travel bug though.

HooHoo! I dare ya! So far I have moved statue(s), bowling ball, brick and cement block TBs, I'd love to see what happens with a breadmaker!

Have every finder make a loaf of bread with it and post their picture, bread and recipe!

I say go for it!

And the rest of them need to re-read this thread in the same section, and follow the advice there. Some of the speculation about travel bugs and Jeeps is so far out in the crackpot field they would probably be committed to the funny farm if they told LE about their "proof".

hysterical is when my hubby pays forty bucks for a used breadmaker that we didn't need.  it will make an interesting travel bug though.

HooHoo! I dare ya! So far I have moved statue(s), bowling ball, brick and cement block TBs, I'd love to see what happens with a breadmaker!

Have every finder make a loaf of bread with it and post their picture, bread and recipe!

I say go for it!

it will be released at the geobash in ohio, along with the cellphone my hubby, known as "the big doop", went swimming with. i hope Groundspeak has enough travel bugs for the entire "big doop" series i plan. he screws up a lot. :unsure:

i hope the reynold's wrap company ups their production of foil. they might run out soon. :mad:

WebScouter is doing a great job answering their questions, so perhaps he can just fill the super sleuths over there in on this.

They keep thinking geocaching and TBs are somehow tied to his crime. There is an obvious tie, but there is nothing criminal (or Criminal, for that matter :unsure:) about it.

Look at his first find. Look at the TB they are talking about. The link should be pretty obvious.

His brother got into geocaching first. While this sicko was out in WA visiting his family for Christmas, his brother said something to the effect of "check out this cool outdoor game I play". Perv and his mom go visit Bro's cache and Perv decides it might be fun to play. Does it occasionally when he gets back home, but never really seems to have got interested in it. Meanwhile, back in WA, the brother releases a TB with a goal of visiting all the brothers in the family, scattered all across the country, Perv being one of them. A pretty common goal for a travel bug, and certainly nothing nefarious about the TB or any of the few caches either of them have found or placed.

Ok. I admit it. There is a conspiracy around Travel Bugs. But to set the record straight, this is the real story.

Recently after watching one of Tom Cruise's thought provoking interviews, I decided to convert to Scientology. As you may know it is difficult to become one of the higher members in the Church, so I had to do something creative to rise in the ranks.

I devised a creative promotion called the Jeep Travel Bug. In each bug beneath the metal compartment is an e-meter with a transmitter. When a person grabs the bug it begins to read and transmit your mind energies to experts around the world. They record your thoughts onto tiny drone-brains. The predictive technology within these brains allow us to determine what brands you may like in the future.

It's an amazing setup. When attending one of these predictive sections as a guest of Jon Travolta, the small drone-brains would be hooked up to image sensors and on a projection screen would be displayed new brand ideas for them to react to. When I was there, Quaker Oats was showing some new brands for their web site. The Cybernetic World Crunch-A-Tizer was a clear winner that day.

So please, stop your guessing. This is the real story, because you read it on the Internets!

* parody (or... is it?)

Ok. I admit it. There is a conspiracy around Travel Bugs.

I knew there was something going on with TB's. Mine came up missing, I think abducted by some notorious anti-geocacher that is out to take over the world one TB at a time !!!! I wonder if he has anything to do with court tv?

As always, your friendly neighbor hood Marmetion

It's an amazing setup. When attending one of these predictive sections as a guest of Jon Travolta, the small drone-brains would be hooked up to image sensors and on a projection screen would be displayed new brand ideas for them to react to. When I was there, Quaker Oats was showing some new brands for their web site. The Cybernetic World Crunch-A-Tizer was a clear winner that day

No wonder I had this irresistable urge to play the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever on 11 (because it's greater than 10 you see), dance like no one was watching, and eat sugary cereal all at the same time while I had a WJTB in my pocket the other day. :mad:

The only problem is that I wasn't alone, and everyone in that part of the Super Target was watching, and the manager demanded I pay for the opened CD and box of cereal immediatly. :unsure:

At least I didn't have to by the boombox. :mad:

His brother got into geocaching first. While this sicko was out in WA visiting his family for Christmas, his brother said something to the effect of "check out this cool outdoor game I play". Perv and his mom go visit Bro's cache and Perv decides it might be fun to play. Does it occasionally when he gets back home, but never really seems to have got interested in it.

Nice theory but your timeline is all screwed up. The Washington cache was the last cache he found, and now the found log has mysteriously disappeared. Probably to protect the innocent. It's probably too early for name calling unless you have some facts that everyone else doesn't, right now it's just speculation.

Edited by cachew nut

To give another idea about the analytical ability of some of the "detectives" is the statement "I don't believe PGP is uncrackable".

I love when people take completely uninformed opinion, decide it's true, and argue as if it's fact. :unsure:

I really hope none of those folks are actually LEO's, that would be scary.

I wonder if any of them know PGP is so secure it was considered a munition for export puposes and therefore very illegal to take out of the country.

Ok. I admit it. There is a conspiracy around Travel Bugs.

I knew there was something going on with TB's. Mine came up missing, I think abducted by some notorious anti-geocacher that is out to take over the world one TB at a time !!!! I wonder if he has anything to do with court tv?

As always, your friendly neighbor hood Marmetion

emoticonspacecraft.gif

:unsure:

DC

OMG!!!

There is a JEEP parked on my street right now!!!

Is it a white jeep?!!! Last weekend I was on a sailboat near St. Michaels, MD, a bunch of high speed cigarette boats came whizzing down the Bay, and then, then, a black helicopter appeared out of nowhere, and chased them down the River!!! Then the boats came back at high speed, but the black helicopter was nowhere to be seen!!! (We think they forgot to turn on their stealth invisibility device on the inbound trip...) Then, this week, I found a WHITE JEEP TB in a cache. AND, there are FIVE visible planets in the sky this month... and ...

Hmm, let's seem, what's the connection...

Thank you for clearing all these mysteries up for me, Jeremy. Where shall I send all my worldly holdings, so you get credit with the C.o.Sci?

It appears that they found the remains of the missing boy today in western Montana. It doesn't appear that geocaching had anything to do with this at all, as far as I can tell. Supposedly this person already had worse problems than one could ever get from geocaching.

Edited by cachew nut
Jim, In defense of Geocaching, it could be an innocent diversion for Duncan,but if he is a child predator, he could have used a an innocent family sport as something to he could troll for victims. I don't think anyone here equivocates 'Cacheing' with trolling/kidnapping.

in short this is just like treasure hunting game but instead of finding a treasure you find the travel bugs and a cache are like hints on how to find the exact location of your target.

Travel bugs or Treasure can be items or informations towards your interest or something that you're looking for.

Jim i have a question since Duncan wanted to find some people listed on above post ... could it be that someone played with him outside the geocashing domain in exchange to travel bugs that he needed?

Ya know, if the general public has this much trouble understanding geocaching, it's mind boggling to think that 250,000 people; and thousands of newspapers, TV stations, and magazines HAVE figured this game out.

It's like saying the guy posted on the court TV forums 10 times, so he must having been using Court TV as a way of preying on children.

Edited by Mopar
Ya know, if the general public has this much trouble understanding geocaching, it's mind boggling to think that 250,000 people; and thousands of newspapers, TV stations, and magazines HAVE figured this game out.

Exactly! And ALL the info on this website about how it works and how we conduct ourselves is freely available for ANYONE to view ANYTIME. It's like an open book, but they still get it wrong.

Let's hope none of them are land managers....

It's like saying the guy posted on the court TV forums 10 times, so he must having been using Court TV as a way of preying on children.

One has to wonder how many of these predators hang out on that site, laughing at the ones who have no clue. They want to find a missing person but can't figure out geocaching, even with the explanations and faq's.

Edited by cachew nut
My guess is that that Jim Shilt guy isn't very eloquent and is doing a poor job of explaining it to them, that has to be the only reason that so many people are not understanding the game.

;)

Your doing just fine...so I wont post over there... :P

Same here, you've got WAY more patience then me!

My guess is that that Jim Shilt guy isn't very eloquent and is doing a poor job of explaining it to them, that has to be the only reason that so many people are not understanding the game.

;)

Your doing just fine...so I wont post over there... :P

Same here, you've got WAY more patience then me!

Amen Mopar...alot of them are less then computer savvy... and reading way more into things then needed...

Well, if they are reading over here, lemme give them something to mull over:

Researchers believe that pedophiles make up about 3 percent to 6 percent of the population.

The WebTV forums have 49,400 registered users.

How many potential pedophiles have registered on their forums.

Do the math.

Does that make it a "hang out" for pedophiles?

Here is another one:

In 2000, 5 out of every 100,000 people in the US was a murderer.

The WebTV forums have 49,400 users.

Do the math.

That should get them good and freaked out.

;)

Edited by Mopar

Oh My Oh My Oh My

Man i can't say how much i respect i have for you now Webscouter. I could not put up with the constant spin's and not listening skill's they have over there. It seem's no matter how many time's they have each topic explained to them, they spin it back around to the same thing.

BTW iv'e been waiting till one spin's it and start's thinking your helping covering it up.

;):P:unsure:

Edited by 4WheelDriveFun