Dog Tags As Ftf Prize?

KA7CJH

Would you try to be FTF, if you knew there was a set of un-activated TB Dog tags in the cache? Thats what im thinking of adding to my next cache.

Around here, you don't have to leave anything to attract the FTF hounds. My one and only FTF, I got a green squishy frog. And, yes, I think it was the nicest thing in the box. Still, I got first dibs!

I've left unactivated tags in my two hides, and occasionally for a nice bit of swag. They're always snatched up promptly. People seem to get excited about them, even though they know what they cost and it isn't all that much. Go figure.

I have used TB's

as a FTF award, also gift cards to Barnes and Noble or Starbucks etc. They are fun to get for the FTFer's.

The only problem I had was when I put out myThey Say It's Your Birthday cache. I put a low number GA Geocoin, a Yellow Jeep a gift card and Canada Geo Coin( pic of coin is my avatar) for presents for the first few finders. One each as you can only log the cache on your birthday. Well it was out for 5 days and when the first to find got there all were missing! Someone went to the cache and stole them all. Then the area for the cache was clear cut of trees and I had to move it. SO this time I made certificates for the prizes and the cacher had to remove the one ( only one) they want and redeem it with me. ( at a GGA meeting, on the trail or by mail)

This has worked well.

But any thing you put in as a FTF award will be received warmly.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Edited by GA Cacher

We left a TB as a prize for the FTF in our Johnson Massacresite, but they had to contact me to get it, as I ordered the tag the same day I placed the cache, so there was a lag between when they found it and when they got it (I mailed it out the day it came in).

The funny part was: one was a PREfind FTF, and one was a legit, after-approved FTF. So which one gets the TB?? Lol

They worked it out great: they shared it! Terrrific teamwork! :D

We have a new cache series coming out that will take some work for me to do. For the first person to complete all 5 of the hides in the series, we will put a brand new, sealed, NiMH battery charger with 4 NiMH batteries in it, valued at over $50 retail. That one will go right in the box.

Like Auntie Weasel mentioned, though. No need to put in any FTF prize at all, as those amazing FTF hounds will skillfully sniff out a new cache box in no time flat, prize or no prize.