Site Trouble

I anyone else having trouble getting on the Goecaching site? I keep getting "server to busy" or "server error in application" Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General network error. Check your network documentation.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[sqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation.]

System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) +474

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384

System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateConnection..ctor(String sqlconnectionstring) +92

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to SQL Server session database.]

System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateConnection..ctor(String sqlconnectionstring) +191

System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateClientManager.GetConnection(Boolean& usePooling) +98

System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateClientManager.SetAsyncWorker(String id, SessionStateItem item, Byte[] buf, Int32 length, Boolean inStorage) +43

System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateClientManager.System.Web.SessionState.IStateClientManager.Set(String id, SessionStateItem item, Boolean inStorage) +147

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.OnReleaseState(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +464

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.OnEndRequest(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +43

System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +60

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +87

Is it just me?

It's a typical busy saturday... the poor old server just cant handle all the logging..... it happens alot on the weekends, it's really busy then and you cant really blame it.... everyone in the world is contacting that server...

Could be a maintenance thing too...

Jeremy commented in another thread that the site has been the victim of a "Denial of Service" attack.

This hasn't happened in quite a while and I doubt it is due to "normal," or even "normal weekend" traffic.

Now, who are those evil people who would initiate a DOS attack on this site? :anitongue: What has Geocaching ever done to them? :rolleyes:

Edit cause I can't type . . .

Edited by idiosyncratic
Shoot! If everybody's home logging finds enough to crash the server, how come nobody's posting in the forums? (My family reunion is the SECOND weekend in July. I'm home and bored).

O.T. -- Auntie, check out this site. It will counteract your boredom.

I'm still working on a Magnalox from a long cache search last Wednesday.

Yup . . . sorry to hijack this thread . . . but since the site is down, this is the only way to communicate.

I'm still figuring it out, but the site administrator has helped me through email. I still can't figure out how to get my satellite image in the background, nor can I figure out how to get the pictures to match up with the points.

Plus, the time in my GPS is off from the actual time we were there . . . lots to keep me from boredom. :anitongue: