"lost In The Woods" Was Found

SylvrStorm

This is mostly for BC geocachers. I was in Watershed Park in North Delta today, and stumbled across the remains of the Lost In The Woods cache. The cache was archived over 2.5 years ago. From its condition, it had obviously been muggled, moved, and discarded.

The cache is in very poor shape. Its contents appear to have been exposed to the elements for at least a year, possibly much longer. Everything's wet and dirty, and the log book is very mouldy. It's a shame that the cache was mistreated this way, but in a way it's also kind of neat to find its remains after all this time.

In any case, the point of this post is that I'm trying to locate the original cache owner, in case they want it back out of curiosity, for old times' sake, or whatever. I know I'd want to know if a stolen cache of mine were ever found. But they haven't logged on to geocaching.com since November, 2002 (the same day they archived this cache). I tried emailing them through their profile, but it bounced.

So now I'm hoping somebody might happen to know where they are. I know it's a long shot, but I figured it's worth a try. Here's what I know:

Their caching name was wcrow, and the cache was hidden by "Tina, Will and Lacie". That, plus the limited info from the mouldy log book and the bounced email, suggests that his name may be Will Crow.

Feel free to respond here, but I don't come to the forums much these days so if you really know this person or how to contact him, please email me through my profile.

Thanks,

SylvrStorm

This is mostly for BC geocachers. I was in Watershed Park in North Delta today, and stumbled across the remains of the Lost In The Woods cache.

SylvrStorm, thanks for posting this information. I tried finding it shortly after Christmas and it has always bugged me that I couldn't find it because I drive by it fairly regularly. Thanks for removing that mental nag for me. ;-)

GeoBC