Must Do Caches In Indianapolis

Team Armadillo

How much time do you have?

Indy is a driving town so most of the caches are accessible with parking available. Some tricky micros downtown but a variety of regular caches throughout. Good parks on all four corners of the county and several on the northeast corner where I74 comes in.

What kind do you like?

Edited by Torry

I love any kind of cache. I will habe the kids with me, so micros are not the first priority and long hikes are probably a bad idea. That being said we love to hear from the locals about the aches that make people say "WOW" before we go to an area to make sure we don't miss out on anything really good.

We have a few hours before and a few after. The plane leaves at 2:00 so we can come early and leave late. We will also be bck in a few weeks to pick him up at about the same time so we will have time to do a few more then.

You can search around this one for a few on the way into town. Work your way south and you'll be getting closer to the airport. If you go into the town of Plainfield which is just west of the airport there are several parks and caches and still be close enough to get the boy on the plane.

After you've dropped the boy off you can head back north on I465 to Eagle Creek Park and grab a whole bunch of different kinds of caches. The deer are pretty thick in there and possibly quite a few more fun critters. You can enter the park from 56th St. (which gives you a shot at a cache near the Colts training camp) or from 71st St. and work your way south. This sets you up for an easy shot back onto I74 and home. Lots of different types of restaurants in Brownsburg after leaving the park.

Also, check along I74 for rest stop caches... they come and go but are handy diversions for the kids.